Congo tetras and African butterfly fish with smaller UJs?

SpecialKay

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 20, 2022
My 75 grow out (won’t have all of these fish in it at the same time) is getting equipt with a 40 breeder sump with an adjustable pump with a max flow rate of 520 ish gph (I can’t remember the exact number off the top of my head)

For the 125 I’m thinking I’ll do a 4 foot sump with some kind of refugium and obviously a higher flow rate than the 75. Plenty of bio media and mechanical filtration in both.

Id like to add that while I know there’s a lot of people out there who say you CAN put a lot of fish in your tank, and I respect the people who ethically achieve this, I don’t want any of my fish to feel overcrowded
I would try to incorporate some plants (ex. pothos) into your sump to help soak up the nitrates. Depending on what you feed, nitrate buildup goes up exponentially; feeding a lot of chopped meat (tilapia, silversides, etc.) will buildup nitrates much faster than pellets.

Reactions: Wannabe Poly Guy

Wannabe Poly Guy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 7, 2024
I would try to incorporate some plants (ex. pothos) into your sump to help soak up the nitrates. Depending on what you feed, nitrate buildup goes up exponentially; feeding a lot of chopped meat (tilapia, silversides, etc.) will buildup nitrates much faster than pellets.
I plan on keeping the 75 itself well planted but I suppose I could add a small refugium to the 40 sump. As for the 125 I plan on having a refugium as well.

Reactions: SpecialKay
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store