Cost Effective Water Conditioners

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
The vast majority of water conditioners react instantaneously with chlorine/chloramine, so there is no need to turn filters off when performing a water change. (as long as water conditioner is added BEFORE adding tap water.

Reactions: kyle osowski

kyle osowski

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 15, 2017
The vast majority of water conditioners react instantaneously with chlorine/chloramine, so there is no need to turn filters off when performing a water change. (as long as water conditioner is added BEFORE adding tap water.
Well good to know. Thanks much. Ive been shuting them of the whole time for fear that it would effect them.

kyle osowski

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 15, 2017
Well good to know. Thanks much. Ive been shuting them of the whole time for fear that it would effect them.
I usually empty 70% anyway once a week do to high phosphates in tap so water goes below bown spouts but if i do two 30% changes a week i wont have to shut them off now.

Sallimsayin

Exodon
MFK Member
Mar 17, 2012
USA
Been using the same $12.99, 33.8oz bottle of Tetra Aquasafe PLUS water conditioner since June 2015 on Amazon (same price, now). I have multiple tanks and do water changes every week and I'm still not about to run out. My tanks test zero chlorine (so, it's still effective) and we don't have any of the other harmful elements (checked the county water report).

Kelliemarie

Feeder Fish
Aug 7, 2017
This is the second week we tried using safe and I lost all of my fry and fish are still dropping I'm not sure what we did wrong but last weeks water changes went great..thinking about switching back to prime because I'm not sure what we did wrong :/ we were using 1/8 teaspoon for 80 gallons of water. We put this in 1 cup of water and divided the 1 cup between multiple tanks. (Ex: 1/2 cup for 40g) Are we using to much safe or to little? I'm not sure what we did wrong. Please Help!

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
Kellie, if you read my initial comment in this thread you'll see that one has to know how much (and what kind) of disinfectant is being used, in order to know how much Prime/Safe one should be using to neutralize that disinfectant. 1/8 of a teaspoon per 80 gallons may be too much in one persons tank, and not enough in another.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store