discus

posteo

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
ohio
i want to do a 75g with discus how many can i keep? i was thinking 4 ? is that ok

thatfishguy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 25, 2005
mass
I would do personally 6 an maybe a couple rams an neons, if you get them young you can maybe have some pair up.

driftwood

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 9, 2005
Denver, Colorado
1 word of advice. Buy all your discus at the same time. Never add a discus to your already established tank with out putting the new fish in quarintine for at least a month. I would shop around and get exactly what you want then enjoy but don't add new discus. I'd do at least 6 to help spread out the pecking order and give them clean water. Good luck. If you do cardinal tetras get them at the same time you buy your discus too.

Kieranuk

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 7, 2005
England, UK
If you just buy small ones I would get 8 as buy time they are big enough to over crowd the tank a couple may have already died off. Or if you did get a breeding pair you could sell them for quite alot $$$ :D

Pikapig

Feeder Fish
Jul 6, 2005
Personally i think 5 to 6 is ideal...no other fishes as they might spread disease to the discus...WC is very important

etb

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 11, 2005
Six of them should work out good for you. That way they will not be to crowded.

DanDanUK

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 2, 2005
Leeds , England
Some one had a tank on this site with about 8 Discus's with an Arowana in also it looked great the Discus's were about 4/5" and the Arowana was about 10/15" what a site man ! it looked great i think they also had a Leopoldi Ray too.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store