DIY 500 GALLON PLYWOOD BOTTOM

flukekiller

Piranha
MFK Member
Aug 2, 2014
gloucester, va 23061
He said the water will only be half filled of the tank
yeah i understand that , all i am saying is that if the water is an inch or 2 above the pipes thats still like 60+ gallons that are gonna back flow. is he leaving room in the filters for that?..

i am just stating things that can arise.. mine is outdoors so when i lost power it over flowed but it was no big deal cause it was outside. the same with the barrel with the K1 media,, he needs to weigh down the cover otherwise he will lose a ton of the media in the over flow. just trying to prepare him for what can happen by my experiences since my build was similar

M@T!@$

Aimara
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2016
Vancouver
yeah i understand that , all i am saying is that if the water is an inch or 2 above the pipes thats still like 60+ gallons that are gonna back flow. is he leaving room in the filters for that?..

i am just stating things that can arise.. mine is outdoors so when i lost power it over flowed but it was no big deal cause it was outside. the same with the barrel with the K1 media,, he needs to weigh down the cover otherwise he will lose a ton of the media in the over flow. just trying to prepare him for what can happen by my experiences since my build was similar
True...maybe he has a drip system so he drilled a hole for the water to drain into a floor drain or something?

mrrobxc

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2012
SE PA

kelz

Polypterus
MFK Member
Oct 9, 2013
Brooklyn
First off let me say that looks sweet..
2 things though...
1. the filter is gonna be loud as crap... lol. I know, that's why I built mine outside.
2. if you lose power, all that water is gonna back flow to the filter and overflow all over the house .
Just my thoughts

Lol tank won't be full all the way only up to the overflow pipes. For the first month or weeks. I'll update some more pics later on

kelz

Polypterus
MFK Member
Oct 9, 2013
Brooklyn

Thanx man. The second barrel will be 80% empty incase of that. Only up to pump lvl the water which is like 20% full

flukekiller

Piranha
MFK Member
Aug 2, 2014
gloucester, va 23061
Np.. just trying to help out with some of the issues I ran into

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store