Doggy Surfing - Skateboard Pulling

Miles

Stingray King
MFK Member
Jul 2, 2005
Spokane, WA
[YT]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4rfDZWeLcyU&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4rfDZWeLcyU&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YT]

Does anyone else 'Doggy Surf'? .. This is me and my new dogs favorite quality time these days :)

It took me forever to get them to quit pulling me all over the neighborhood.. so the other day I was at a buddies house and saw his longboard collecting dust in the corner.. I remember I had a friend with a pitbull that used to pull him all over the place, and the dog LOVED it.. sure enough, my dogs do too..

Maybe tomorrow in the morning when we go on our morning Doggy Surfing session I will take a video!! It takes me about 20 minutes and my dogs get more exercise than they would get in a week by me walking/jogging them.. Granted - I could take them to the park and throw the ball, but sometimes my female dog wants to just run forever, explore, and not come back when I call her..

bettagurl

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2006
Hampton VA
lol stopping wouldn't be the problem with me.. Tink knows that 'stop' means stop.
I'm clumsy, I can't stay on a skate board anyway.. maybe a cart from walmart...

And I would not do it around here, there is a guy who used to ride around here with his pit on a skate board or bike, and there was a group waiting for him one day and they sent their shepherd after his dog, it got torn up, so did he.

Miles

Stingray King
MFK Member
Jul 2, 2005
Spokane, WA
I take both of my dogs on side streets.. most young people think it's rad and yell out stuff like "That shiz rocks!!, thats how you do it!!" ... old people give me glares like I am some sort of slave-driver. If someone sent a dog after me and my 2 dogs, obviously my dogs are not aggro even though they have half pit in them, but they would certainly fight back and probably whoop arse.. but I would just pick up my board and start swinging karate chops on the other dog.

I use a 'long-board' which is much more stable and easier to control, easier for the dogs to pull to compared to a regular skateboard.. I use a 4 foot lead for both of them, that comes together at a joint that has another 8 foot lead.. so Its about a 12 ft tow rope.

Silly dogs only had to get clipped in the ankles a few time before they figured out that can't stop mid-sprint and smell the roses.. I've only been going about a week and they are starting to understand my commands like left turn, right turn, stop, slow.. etc..

Didn't take a video this morning I want to get more practice, plus I think my dogs are out of shape because they haven't got alot of running this summer due to us landscaping our backyard.. They get tired after a few blocks. I want to get a whole bunch of good footage and make a sweet video like that one.

Thinking about buying a website called DoggySurfing.com and market a bunch of products and try to make it a new sport like Kite Surfing :D :D :D :popcorn: whatya think?

I<3fish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2008
CALIFORNIA
THAT IS AWESOME AND FUNNY (but its hella dangerous lol i do that with my little 16 pound dog and rollerblades and now he looks like the dog version of arnold schwarzzeneggar) he loves it though:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::headbang2

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store