Dwarf sag par

SandNukka15

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 18, 2010
Towanda PA
I planted some dwarf sag in my 20 long that had my spotted congo puffer with only root tabs.
The light i have is a nicrew classic led plus (full spectrum).

Its pretty bright and I dont want to over run the tank with algae in the future.

How many hrs a day of light and should I dim the lighting ?

Currently I'm running 7 hours and the light is 2/3 full power.

Also should I add any excel or other liquid ferts or should the root tabs be able to handle most nutrients sag needs?

Last edited:
Reactions: tlindsey

SandNukka15

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 18, 2010
Towanda PA
Funny thing is I've had them years ago and they spread like crazy but I cant remember what I did 😂

Fallen_Leaves16

Dovii
MFK Member
Nov 10, 2021
I grew them both emersed and submersed years ago- didn't really do anything; they were freebies and I tossed them into some Fluval Stratum with those white generic white LEDs on at ~9hrs per day; they took off like weeds (faster than vallisneria, even!) and covered the bottom of the small 10g within three or so months. A rather sparsely growing plant, though; not sure I'd choose them for a carpet. Emersed- it was a similar setup; just a small plastic box with a hole cut out of the lid and some saran wrap in its place, with daily mistings.
I think they'd do fine with root tabs, though they may be a bit slow to start.
Can't remember if they're like echinodorus, where they hate being replanted, but just in case I'd probably trim the roots a bit before planting.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store