EBJD Pair

justarn

Arapaima
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Kent UK
very cool thread with great updates, subbed.

how long till a blue gene will be ready then a yearish?

ShadowP

Candiru
MFK Member
Apr 23, 2015
Southeastern North Carolina

The blue genes are the juvies pic'd in the thread... 10 weeks today (21 Jul 15) and by best estimates will have a georgous 2 or 3 of the largest males available to pair with Joy (female in front on thread starter pic) in about 2 1/2 to 3 more months if reports of breeding as early as 3 to 3.5 mo old are accurate.
Right now I'm more interested in what is really going on with these color morphs coming from Pride & Cleopatra... I've not seen anything like it. some (though very few) are almost a uniform light powder gold from mid operculum to caudal peduncle and most pronounced around the mid body eyespot and have a very sparse scattering of light metallic green spangles.
I have not yet figured out how to photograh this since I've only had this camera a few days. The gold is much like a woman's eye shadow to include the sheen. All the pics I've taken wash out as a super light grey almost as if the color is translucent and the source is from light refraction only. I'll figure it out eventually and post the pics. Photography was never my strong suit, though straight A's in art help with setting perspective, proportion, and balance.
It's all these buttons and settings, and term abbreviations I'm still learning, let alone I'm still learning what the different settings are singularly and in combination in addition to the facts of what they mean and do.

Last edited:

ShadowP

Candiru
MFK Member
Apr 23, 2015

If I can get a 3" female to successfully pair and spawn with a 7.5" male:confused:, I think I can get a 3" male to pair and spawn with a 6" female. ;)

ShadowP

Candiru
MFK Member
Apr 23, 2015

Sorry... just reread and realized your question could be taken several ways.
Ready for Joy... about 2 months.
Ready for sale... about 3 months if everything goes well with this current spawn.

ShadowP

Candiru
MFK Member
Apr 23, 2015
Getting better with new camera, but flash still washing out the color. I'll figure out what I'm doing wrong yet, but in the mean time...
Here's a few.

DSCF2764-1.jpg DSCF2805.JPG DSCF2807.JPG DSCF2813.JPG DSCF2816-1.jpg DSCF2822-1.jpg

All at only 10 weeks (and a day)

DSCF2872.JPG

ShadowP

Candiru
MFK Member
Apr 23, 2015
DSCF3537.JPG
I think there's nearly 1000 fry in there :):):):D:):):):eek: Time to set up my two 75s and may need to buy two more. That DIY stacked 180 gallon tanks stand video was really great timing. ;)

ShadowP

Candiru
MFK Member
Apr 23, 2015
Thanks... much appreciated.
Hoping everyone who wants them may also have them soon. Planning on selling/shipping in groups of 4 only (2 larger fry & 2 smaller fry per) (should help get males and females evenly distributed). Business particulars need to be hashed out first. Lots of work to do, including finding oxygen source for shipping... electrolysis of water would work, but not sure if production quantity would be sufficient.

Last edited:
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store