electric blue cichlid breeding?

I_Luv_Cichlids

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 22, 2005
ok i was wondering what size my eletric blues have to be before they breed or become mature adult. i just today got two more electric blues one female and one male and yesterday i got a male also.

:feedback:

I_Luv_Cichlids

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 22, 2005
theyre about 3 3/4"

piranha45

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
kay
make sure you feed em twice a day, and use a variety of foods, like guppies/bloodworms/pellets, and other than that, just have patience...

I_Luv_Cichlids

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 22, 2005
kool i just got a dozen guppies and i have pellets that i feed them regularly but what size aquarium do i need for the babys and what food should i provide for them (if they breed) i heard something about green water? any info would be greatly appreciated

piranha45

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
kay
For the fry, a 5 or 10 gallon tank will be sufficient for 3-6 months. All my cichlid fry have subsisted on slightly-crumbled flakes. You could try brine shrimp too, if you wanted, but I think that would be a needless waste of time and money. Never heard of anything on this "green water".

I_Luv_Cichlids

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 22, 2005
wow thanks i have a ten gallon that i just set up today and i checked the ph on both of them for the first time in my life and the ph was 7.6... is that good for my fish?

I_Luv_Cichlids

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 22, 2005
oh and what are their mating rituals like what do they do i allready have my first electric blue as the dominant male but should i get some more females to make sure they breed? if yes i could get one or two more

piranha45

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
kay
haven't bred the fish myself, so I haven't witnessed the actual signs. I imagine they will be swimming in close vicinity to one another for a bit :) Multiple females to one male would be a very good idea, yes.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store