Elopicthys Bambusa - Yellow Cheek

kendragon

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2009
Thanks Wes for the shoal of Bambusas. They arrived larger than I thought they would be but once in the outside pond, I can't find them..haha. We'll see how they turn out in the pond. They do swim as a shoal and come near the surface.
Arrived well packed and very healthy.

Charney

The Fish Doctor
Staff member
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2005
Somerville NJ
Thanks Wes for the shoal of Bambusas. They arrived larger than I thought they would be but once in the outside pond, I can't find them..haha. We'll see how they turn out in the pond. They do swim as a shoal and come near the surface.
Arrived well packed and very healthy.
awesome. in what state do you live? I know they do well in cool water but can you leave them out year round?

Reactions: tlindsey

kendragon

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2009
I'm in SoCal. My pond water currently is at 65F. Never goes below 60F. They prefer 50F - 68F. Can they tolerant the warm Summer? We'll see. My water temp doesn't change much. I'm coastal.

celebrist

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 7, 2013
alaska
Excited to see how these develop, I think a pond setup might be the best option for them. What kind of current do you have in your pond

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
Glad to see this Ken!

After 3-4 attempts I am bambusa-less again. I am determined to try again, now that I know "each and every way" to lose them!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store