Exodon group

RampageRR

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2012
MD/VA/WV
www.youtube.com
I finally freed up a tank to where I could do a shoal of exodon paradoxus. I've always wanted to try a group but timing never worked out. I now have a group of 25 in with several L plecos and 3 silver dollars in a 125g. So far no issues with any tankmates, but I'll be keeping a close eye on the tank to make sure nothing gets out of hand.

Excuse the scratched glass - I orignally bought this tank cheap to be used as a sump, but I haven't gotten around to getting the monster tank just yet. It looks much worse in pictures, I swear :grinyes:

1579891669594.png

RampageRR

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2012
MD/VA/WV
www.youtube.com
Great shoal of teeth there. Like the scape too. Think it need some more exodons though ?.
Hahaha I wish! I bought all the ones they had on their site. I think it'll look a lot more full once they get a bit of size on them. They do go absolutely nuts at feeding time as it sits now. I couldn't imagine a 50+ shoal feeding, it would probably make the water look like it was boiling ?

I'm planning on adding floating plants with vines (not sure which one will be best yet, I'm still looking into it - likely dwarf water lettuce) and hopefully some larger pieces of driftwood.

ccichc

Exodon
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2018
I love exodons, it's too bad I only own smaller fish tanks between 20-36 gallons. I always wondered if you could manage in a smaller tank hmm

?Beautiful tank btw, those little demons are such a blast to feed.

RampageRR

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2012
MD/VA/WV
www.youtube.com
Wow that's a ton of exodons. Nice! Videos?
Thanks, guys. I’ll get a video of them feeding up soon. I did get a bunch of hanging plants in the tank, hopefully they grow in and make a decent looking canopy with long roots. I think that’ll be a good looking setup for these guys to dart in and out of.

And, if I can get a breeding guppy colony to survive in there and pop out feeders from time to time, even better.

Anyone have any experience with dwarf water lettuce or frogbit?

D46894C0-8544-4438-B553-53E62D168451.jpeg

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
Hey twenty, that third one should be entered in the photo of the month.

RampageRR

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2012
MD/VA/WV
www.youtube.com
Lmao perfect. Question for you - do I need to leave the water level a bit lower to leave an air gap between the glass lids and the plants? There's already enough room there so that they're not touching, but I don't know whether they like a bit more space than that. Also, do they grow fairly quick? Everything I've read seems to indicate they'll grow quick. but I do have a bit of current in the tank, which might change things.

I have my FX6 outlet pointed to the opposite side of the tank so that there's at least half of the 125 with fairly still water, but the plants do kind of move around slowly. Nothing crazy, but they're not completely still. They never get water on top or get dunked under so I'm hoping that's good enough.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store