can a fahaka puffer live with a snakehead and a gar
if the fahaka is as big as it or i was thinking a mbu
can it live wiht a mbu ??????

Jason_S

Polypterus
MFK Member
Oct 5, 2005
Indianapolis, IN USA
mbu is the largest growing freshwater puffer species growing to around 26-28" on average. the second largest freshwater puffer is the fahaka usually growing to a max. of 18" or so. most of what I've read about them says that fahakas 8 times out of 10 are intolerant of any tankmates while mbus are usually much more accepting of tankmates. what tankmates you can keep with a fahaka or mbu will depend on the personality of the individual fish and the size of the tank. :)

myles

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 1, 2005
nah man the fahaka will kill jsut about enything, and depends of what kidn of snakehead your thinking of. but yeha my fahaka wont let ENYTHING in his tank haha. hes crazy.

rumblesushi

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 18, 2005
ENGLAND
myles, try putting your fahaka in with a channa striata or micropeltes of the same weight, I'd bet they both hammer your fish.

stotty

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 12, 2005
essex uk
rumblesushi said:
myles, try putting your fahaka in with a channa striata or micropeltes of the same weight, I'd bet they both hammer your fish.

:iagree: My old red was in a tank on its own in the end cost me a small fortune I gave up trying to fined suitable tank mates for him in the end he was just born hungry and :swear: off.

rumblesushi

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 18, 2005
ENGLAND
Stotty it's been the same story with my angry little striata.

Having tried numerous tankmates, a dovii tried to lip lock it, and my snakehead ripped it's face off, then it tried to bite a much bigger endlicheri's head off, and I rescued the endy. I've given up now, he's alone.

Viva channas :D

stotty

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 12, 2005
essex uk
rumblesushi said:
Stotty it's been the same story with my angry little striata.

Having tried numerous tankmates, a dovii tried to lip lock it, and my snakehead ripped it's face off, then it tried to bite a much bigger endlicheri's head off, and I rescued the endy. I've given up now, he's alone.

Viva channas :D

You have to bite the bullet at some point my one hated everything when he was about 12 inches put a wolf fish in with him the same size next morning just a few bits of wolf fish not a mark on snakehead he ate a load of cats just give up in the end. I know of people that have kept them with other fish but my one was one nasty :swear:

flowerfan

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 10, 2005
so, If put a same size Fahaka with the sneakhead, who would be the Boss?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store