Fahaka puffer growth rate and housing questions?

Shadowplec6

Exodon
MFK Member
Oct 14, 2019
Cato, NY
One of my LFS’s just got a little one inch baby fahaka puffer a few day ago and I have a feeling it is going be end up spending a prolonged period of time at the store like the Golden mahseer ( another large species) that I am planning to bring home (I have the room). I was wondering what size tank would be best to start to baby puffer in; I have a 29gl. and a 40gl breeder open with no other fish and I have a 75gl. that I can move them to once they grow out. Once the 75gl. start to get too small for them; I can diy build a tank of any size and dimensions rather it be 200gl, 300gl or 400gl. I want to help this little one and the fahaka puffer is a species that I am interested in and I will be able to feed the near bottomless pit. Also, yes, I know that golden mahseer can grow 6+ feet long; they will be going in a 5000+ gallon pond(indoor on all season porch). Just looking for advice so I can give them the best life possible and to find out exactly how fast fahaka puffers grow so I can have a time frame for the diy tank so it can cycle properly?

Last edited:
Reactions: tlindsey

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
One of my LFS’s just got a little one inch baby fahaka puffer a few day ago and I have a feeling it is going be end up spending a prolonged period of time at the store like the Golden mahseer ( another large species) that I am planning to bring home (I have the room). I was wondering what size tank would be best to start to baby puffer in; I have a 29gl. and a 40gl breeder open with no other fish and I have a 75gl. that I can move them to once they grow out. Once the 75gl. start to get too small for them; I can diy build a tank of any size and dimensions rather it be 200gl, 300gl or 400gl. I want to help this little one and the fahaka puffer is a species that I am interested in and I will be able to feed the near bottomless pit. Also, yes, I know that golden mahseer can grow 6+ feet long; they will be going in a 5000+ gallon pond(indoor on all season porch). Just looking for advice so I can give them the best life possible and to find out exactly how fast fahaka puffers grow so I can have a time frame for the diy tank so it can cycle properly?
This thread may help https://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/threads/fahaka-puffer-care-guide.716787/

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store