Floor all soggy...GRRR

buddah101

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 8, 2005
Jersey Shore, Pennsylvania
Hello there, I was outside lastnight enjoying a cup of coffee after some tank maintnance, when I went back into my house for a re-fill, I noticed that my 180 gallon tank was a quarter the way empty....I had a lil' trickle of water coming down the back of one of my Aqua Clear filters and it drained that much in an hour or so!!! Bummer. I'm still drying the darn floor!!! :cry: :swear:

piranha45

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
kay
I have that problem with all my aquaclears. It happens whenever the sponge starts getting saturated with debris, and the flow slows down. The solution is to place a stick (or some similar object) between where the AC's body rests against the aquarium glass, to give it an aquarium-aimed angle.

sephir420

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
i remember when my father in law was doing a water change on his 180gal and when he was filling it he forgot and it started overflowing. :y220e: . it was a mess. it had to have been going for at least 2-3 min. he cant hear verry well it was a good thing that i walked in the room or it would have been even worse. :hitting:

i also had the power go out once and had my tank start syphoning from the air line in my power head.

rayman45

Team Rayman
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
staten island new york
no 404 hose fell off and put a good 30-40G on the floor

iheartfishies

Im Angie
MFK Member
Apr 18, 2005
Northern VA
vvvp.dynu.com
sephir420 said:
i remember when my father in law was doing a water change on his 180gal and when he was filling it he forgot and it started overflowing. :y220e: . it was a mess. it had to have been going for at least 2-3 min. he cant hear verry well it was a good thing that i walked in the room or it would have been even worse. :hitting:

i also had the power go out once and had my tank start syphoning from the air line in my power head.
Jesus.

I just did that the other day, but it was only for like 15 seconds, and that was a ***** to clean up....uggh.

MidasMan

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 10, 2005
Virginia
I've done it a couple of months ago when i was filling my 55 it came out and soaked the floor... :wall: hope my tank doent fall through the floor.

iheartfishies

Im Angie
MFK Member
Apr 18, 2005
Northern VA
vvvp.dynu.com
MidasMan said:
I've done it a couple of months ago when i was filling my 55 it came out and soaked the floor... :wall: hope my tank doent fall through the floor.
Ha, that sucks KJ.

DG RT. :)

WckedMidas

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2005
BODYMORE MD
HA IVE HAD SOMEONE FLIP MY 5 GAL OVER ON THE FLOOR IN A ARGUEMENT. Ive had the sihpon hose fall out of the tub. Ive had a 5 gal bucket fall down the steps. I droped a 5 gal bucket on the floor. and spill mad watter during every watter change. aint my house floor ghonna drop one dayu lol

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store