Flowerhorn X Red Tiger Mota

importracer

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 22, 2005
NorthernCalifornia
twk1;1363489; said:
Oh.. nooooo!!!! Only 6 that are still alive... :nilly:!! Is there a link... or Does anyone know if there are specific procedures that should be done to keep fry's alive?? I don't want to lose anymore!! i feed them baby brine shrimp once everday and I change 25% of the water every 4 days, and refill with conditioned water, the temp is 84-85 degrees.
Is there anything else that should be done? Any help would be Great!!
I do a 50% water change every day for the first two weeks for my piranha fry...I have the clutches seperated in three 10g tanks, but that still equals to almost 100 fry in each tank....My turnover rate is really low....I also feed bbs twice, sometimes three times a day for the first two weeks....I use sponge filters and also have the temps at a constant 84....Cichlids are really hardy fish....SO are the SA/CA fry that have raised in the past....Hopefully you'll save the batch next time and hatch them yourself in a 30 or even 55 hatchery....Leave the water halfway for easy cleaning....Although I despise the Hybrids, and stay away from them, I am attracted to the Mota/***erhorn combo due to its aggression and responsive potential....

twk1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2005
Home
sicxspeed;1429097; said:
pics at all.....just to take a peek at body shape and all that
Update is that only 2 are still alive.. and the reason i haven't posted a pic is because they are still sooo small. I don't know why its taking so long for them to color up and plump up. But here is a pic that i took today to show you guys.... i will take more pics when they show more color.

6 Inch Pbass 118.jpg

bigspizz

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 20, 2007
Thanks for the update :) Hope these guys pull through for you. The possibilities are endless if even one makes it! If not...there is always tomorrow...

sicxspeed

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2006
Ryht Bye De Beech
dang, only two left......hopefully they make it man....im hoping they do, just like Bigspizz said, they have tons of potential.

Gr8KarmaSF

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2005
Quarantine Tank
Hope the two make it!!!!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store