Flowers don't come much prettier than this girl!

aquaman45

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2009
England
Beautiful flower ray Richard. You have such luck breeding rays, have you considered finding a male as well? May be a bit premature to ask. Best of luck with her.
Hi Kevin,
I'm just having a bit of fun with her at the moment, if she takes to the pellets eventually plus the other usual frozen foods it would be interesting to perhaps cross her with something else. In all honesty I just love the look of schroederi, always have, I have supplied a few people with them over the years and the ones that converted onto other foods other than worms are still doing well.

A few years ago I had a male of about 30cm disc, I had to let him go as he was too aggressive at feeding time, bullied all my other rays in the tank, a well settled Flower is a force to be reckoned with at meal times.
Because these rays need a lot of care and individual attention getting them to feed plus generally getting them to acclimatise to captivity is the reason a lot don't make it, however a few members on here have obviously lost them unexpectedly so i'm not naive enough to think there couldn't be something in this, I personally haven't found them particularly delicate, in fact even the ones that have had a poor journey from Colombia have always pulled through.

Reactions: keepinfish and KNH

CANAMONSTER

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Dec 5, 2012
Barrie
Thanks again guys for all your nice remarks!
So does anyone have a slight clue as to what cause flowers to spontaneously die?

Richard how old would you say those flowers are now, that you sold to people back when?

aquaman45

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2009
England
Hi Mike,

I would say between 5-6 years now, a few recent ones closer to 2 years.

Someone has apparently just bred the species in Germany, don't know who it is but I heard it from a reliable source plus seen pictures.

Reactions: CANAMONSTER

CANAMONSTER

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Dec 5, 2012
Barrie
That's a great age! I'll put money it's Michael Boettner .

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store