FW Stingray Breeders

Copeina

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
We've all heard about and seen websites on leopoldis and motoros being bred in the home aquarium, but what others have you heard of / have done yourselves?

I am working with humerosa at the moment, and have read they are easy to breed, but have never found anyone claiming to have done it.

Also, will any ray hybridize with another? Does anyone even know yet?

Lots of great fan clubs on the web, not a lot of good information.

Thanks!
/Kris

rvrrays

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 15, 2005
Kalamazoo, Michigan
I have bred motoros and would like to breed a pair of histrix I am working with.

Cross breeding seems to happen between "species." Motoro x Henlei. Histrix x Motoro. Retic x Motoro. Pearl x P14.

There are many examples.

Frank Ziljmans has a great website. He breeds a lot of rays. He swears that the food is key and has his own recipe. There are also some other Europeans (Andreas Ochs, Peter Lutz, etc.) that have done some great work with breeding rays.

Good luck with your humerosa.

Colin

bluedempsey

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 6, 2005
Monster's r us
i think that all rays of the same genus*potamotryhon* can interbreed
thats why you see all of these different variants of rays.

Itaituba2003

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 23, 2004
The Netherlands
I've bread with P14 3 times know 1 st litter was 3 2nd 2 and the last 22 september were 5 litle ones. The P14 x Pearl is never been done. Someone thougd he did deu to the strange looking pups of his black female P14. But P14 turns black after a year.
Regards
Frank

Itaituba2003

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 23, 2004
The Netherlands
™BoyO_O™ said:
anyone tried sakura rays breeding before too?
What are sakura rays ?? The tank for breading pearls is to small a pearl can reach 2 foot easy.

Regards
Frank

Brent

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 19, 2005
TFC
Itaituba2003 said:
What are sakura rays ?? The tank for breading pearls is to small a pearl can reach 2 foot easy.

Regards
Frank
frank do you think a 96 by 36by30 would be large enough for leo's to breed??

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store