Got My New Tank!

Kustrud

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 20, 2023
Figured I’d start a new thread given I finally got a big tank. Here’s a link to the start of this all about a year ago!

Got my 75 mostly setup, the Green Terror and the Featherfin Catfish are about 1 year old now. Just added 5 Giant Danios as well!
The GT was really starting to show some color before the tank swap, he’s a little stressed right now lol but hoping this really helps him grow/mature now.

Love the new increased size! Now just need the water to clear back up!

I’m also going to add another Aquaclear 110 on the other side or possibly switch to an FX4. Can’t decide.

IMG_1335.jpeg

IMG_1333.jpeg

IMG_1334.jpeg

Jexnell

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2017
PNW
Go with the AC110. The maintenance on it is so simple and takes all of five minutes. As compared to a cannister, you barley have it out from under the tank by then. The ease of maintenance will make you do it more frequently. When I had cannisters I hated doing the maintenance because it was so involved. I sold them and switched to AC110'S and would do weekly maintenance no problem at all. Never again will I have cannisters, I rather use as many 110's as I can fit instead.

Kustrud

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 20, 2023
I added some buddies! This is the MAX stocking I’d put in here. 2 Firemouths and a JD about 4.5” long. The Firemouths are about the same size as my GT.
Guy at the store said this JD is really laid back and non-aggressive….he’s definitely larger than everyone so hopefully that’s true!

Also added a second Aquaclear 110.

IMG_1358.jpegIMG_1363.jpegIMG_1364.jpeg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store