Grammodes or Istlanum?

Cichlidfever

Piranha
MFK Member
Aug 15, 2005
Bowie, MD.
Oh OK, thanks I never had an Istlanum before, I have learned a lot from this thread, I like the aggressive cichlid and because I have a large tank, I would like to get a different variety of them in one tank without over populating it or getting any of them killed. Like most, I have my favorites, and would like to see some of them together in one tank if possible...

Cyberman I have no problem with you giving your opinion on what cichlid you think will destroy the other, it give me something to look at before attempting to add or take away a cichlid...

By the way my favorites are Umbee, Grammodes, Neets, Midas, Red Jewels, Escondido, Ornatum, Festae, Green Terror :)

Aquamojo

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2003
NE Pennsylvania
www.aquamojo.com
Oh OK, thanks I never had an Istlanum before, I have learned a lot from this thread, I like the aggressive cichlid and because I have a large tank, I would like to get a different variety of them in one tank without over populating it or getting any of them killed. Like most, I have my favorites, and would like to see some of them together in one tank if possible...

Cyberman I have no problem with you giving your opinion on what cichlid you think will destroy the other, it give me something to look at before attempting to add or take away a cichlid...

By the way my favorites are Umbee, Grammodes, Neets, Midas, Red Jewels, Escondido, Ornatum, Festae, Green Terror :)

I see Rapps now has Red Istlanum on his stock list. I might be heading down there soon to pick some up.

Reactions: cichlidfish

cichlidfish

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jun 18, 2005
I see Rapps now has Red Istlanum on his stock list. I might be heading down there soon to pick some up.
I would like to own either sp. now, but don't have the space. Definitely not compatible w/ anything else I own now. I am enjoying peaceful CA communities. If I could keep them solo I would.

alexknott2014

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2016
In my personal experience istlanum are crazy and tempermental, mine killed my 10" dovii at 6" and just swam around with his hills puffed and find out what seemed like 24/7, so he got his own tank

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store