Green Terror growth rate

Catfish57

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 20, 2024
I just bought a little 3-3&1/2” A. Rivulatus at a LFS two weeks ago. A little too early to venture a guess about its sex, but I’m hoping for a male. I’ve got it in a 40 gl alone for now. I’ll upgrade to a 55gl or 75gl once I can tell the sex. I’ve been feeding it three times a day b/c te fish is eating it up with gusto. I’d say it’s grown taller fatter and a little longer in 2 weeks. I’ll taper off the heavy feeding shortly. I don’t need extra waste and what’s the hurry. This is my first GT and I’m stoked!

Reactions: Jexnell

Catfish57

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 20, 2024
I just bought a little 3-3&1/2” A. Rivulatus at a LFS two weeks ago. A little too early to venture a guess about its sex, but I’m hoping for a male. I’ve got it in a 40 gl alone for now. I’ll upgrade to a 55gl or 75gl once I can tell the sex. I’ve been feeding it three times a day b/c te fish is eating it up with gusto. I’d say it’s grown taller fatter and a little longer in 2 weeks. I’ll taper off the heavy feeding shortly. I don’t need extra waste and what’s the hurry. This is my first GT and I’m stoked!

Reactions: tlindsey

Jexnell

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2017
PNW
It's really easy to sex GT's. Males will have bright blue markings in the unpaired fins.
20200421_183338.jpg
Where as females won't, there will be markings but very subdued.

20180409_222121.jpg

Attachments

duanes

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2007
Isla Taboga Panama via Milwaukee
Especially in a tank as tiny as 45 gals, nitrate and hormones build up quickly and can slow growth.
The only way to get rid of those growth inhibitors is with frequent, large water changes.
Breeders that want to get fast growth, and to get cichlids to market size quickly, will often do daily water changes of 75% or more.
In nature, GTs come from the rivers west of the Andes where they are in 100% water changes every hour, and nitrates are undetectable.

Last edited:
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store