jjohnwm

Sausage Finger Spam Slayer
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2019
Manitoba, Canada
Well a whole half of a fillet 😁
My first click bait on YouTube has the most views I ever got 😐
Well...yeah...

"Giant Gulper Catfish eats whole Tilapia" definitely caught my eye and had me check it out.

"Medium sized gulper eats a piece of fish" wouldn't even have had me slow down browsing. :)

amazontank

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Nov 14, 2010
Miami and San Diego
www.Facebook.com
Well...yeah...

"Giant Gulper Catfish eats whole Tilapia" definitely caught my eye and had me check it out.

"Medium sized gulper eats a piece of fish" wouldn't even have had me slow down browsing. :)
Okay now the thread is taking a turn if you think that's a medium sized Gulper. Can you post a pic of a bigger gulper.

jjohnwm

Sausage Finger Spam Slayer
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2019
Manitoba, Canada
Okay now the thread is taking a turn if you think that's a medium sized Gulper. Can you post a pic of a bigger gulper.
Lol, no, I don't have a Gulper and have no interest in scouring the internet for pics. The sources I have read indicate average sizes in the 10-inch range for adults, with maximum lengths approaching 14 inches.

Is that fish 14 inches long? How about 12 inches? Ten? Doesn't look like it from that brief glimpse, but maybe I'm way off base? Apologies if I am. :)

How long is it? Is it even an "average" ten-incher? An average giant? A giant average?

I can't use the size of the "whole" Tilapia to compare, because...with no head, tail, organs, skin or anything else, it's hard to gauge the size of that as well. :)

Last edited:

amazontank

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Nov 14, 2010
Miami and San Diego
www.Facebook.com
No worries It's totally all in good fun.
I had the Gulpers for 7 years & there 11" & it was a whole Tilapia side fillet😁 but I don't feel the gulpers are medium sized.
I been searching a long time for anything even close. Occasionally I'll see 8".
If anyone has any pics of a bigger one I would be stoked!
Thanks for your post!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store