Hatching triops

Rtc/tsn

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2021
Cincinnati
I’ve been watching them a lot and I’ve noticed that they’ll often go up to the unhatched eggs and kinda just swim around with it, is there a reason for this?

jjohnwm

Sausage Finger Spam Slayer
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2019
Manitoba, Canada
Listen very closely, and you will hear them whispering to those eggs "I'm going to eat you the moment you hatch out of there..." :)

Rtc/tsn

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2021
Cincinnati
Just watched one of the larger ones eat one of the smaller and it was surprisingly entertaining watching them fight and at the end the larger one just swam off leaving behind the tail of the other one. There’s one that’s just absolutely massive compared to the other ones.

Rtc/tsn

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2021
Cincinnati
went to move the 2 largest to my tiny tank above my bed and the larger of them was dead, I feel like I might have waited too long to move that one to a larger tank cause at the time it was in a tiny plastic dish or maybe it got too cold last night cause my window was open and I woke up freezing, anyway the other one is doing fine in the 2.5g and I also noticed a large colony of what I think is planaria that I’ve seen him eating a bit

Reactions: Deadeye

Rtc/tsn

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2021
Cincinnati
Can you hatch them In say a 20-gallon, or does it have to be in a smaller container?
I mean they can hatch in a 20g but I image that the larger the container the harder it’ll be for them to find food they can eat for their first 72hrs while their mouths are super tiny

Reactions: FiremouthGem
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store