Hello from Iowa

Finfreak

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 7, 2021
Iowa
Hello all, i wanted to introduce myself again. I used to be a member here a long time ago but lost my log in credentials and I must have used an email that is no longer active.

I am 35, and a father of 3 wonderful children. For work I am a mobile maintenance technician. For fun, it mostly depends on the time of year, and I have to many hobbies to list but fishing, hunting, automobiles, plants, snakes, and aquariums have always been at the top.

I used to have a few freshwater tanks back in the day, one was a 55 mixed african cichlid tank, a 75 with an oscar, a 30 guppy tank,and a 28 bow front with a pair of convicts.

Then I went to saltwater for a long time, went through multiple tanks before taking a break from aquaria for awile.

I am now getting back in and have started building my fish room in the basement and have a few upstairs as well. In total, I have 11 tanks up and running currently 6 of them are part of a betta breeding project i am starting. I also have 2 planted tanks, a 20 long and 29g. A 75 set up and waiting to grow out a few trimacs, and a 32 buicube also set up and running waiting for either a pair of firemouths or a pair of honduran redpoints. I also have a 90g surfline I will be setting up to house "idk yet" and 2 150g tanks, one will be the final home for a trimac pair, the other some kind of new world cichlid community.

There are so many awesome fish I would love to keep, many of them i am probably not even aware of yet lol.

Thanks for this great site! I am happy to be back.

Rtc/tsn

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2021
Cincinnati
Hello all, i wanted to introduce myself again. I used to be a member here a long time ago but lost my log in credentials and I must have used an email that is no longer active.

I am 35, and a father of 3 wonderful children. For work I am a mobile maintenance technician. For fun, it mostly depends on the time of year, and I have to many hobbies to list but fishing, hunting, automobiles, plants, snakes, and aquariums have always been at the top.

I used to have a few freshwater tanks back in the day, one was a 55 mixed african cichlid tank, a 75 with an oscar, a 30 guppy tank,and a 28 bow front with a pair of convicts.

Then I went to saltwater for a long time, went through multiple tanks before taking a break from aquaria for awile.

I am now getting back in and have started building my fish room in the basement and have a few upstairs as well. In total, I have 11 tanks up and running currently 6 of them are part of a betta breeding project i am starting. I also have 2 planted tanks, a 20 long and 29g. A 75 set up and waiting to grow out a few trimacs, and a 32 buicube also set up and running waiting for either a pair of firemouths or a pair of honduran redpoints. I also have a 90g surfline I will be setting up to house "idk yet" and 2 150g tanks, one will be the final home for a trimac pair, the other some kind of new world cichlid community.

There are so many awesome fish I would love to keep, many of them i am probably not even aware of yet lol.

Thanks for this great site! I am happy to be back.
Welcome back. Any pictures of the tanks?

Finfreak

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 7, 2021
Iowa
Thank you for the welcome!! I do have pictures, but wasnt sure if I should post them here or start a new thread for them lol.

Edit, also, I havnt posted pics to a forum since photobucket broke the internet lol. I will post a couple in a few minutes when i figure it out lol

Rtc/tsn

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2021
Cincinnati

MultipleTankSyndrome

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 25, 2021
Loachaholica
Also excited for how that pair of 568 liters ends up. I know firsthand the excitement of waiting to set up tanks in that size range!!!

Welcome back!

Finfreak

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 7, 2021
Iowa
Excited to see how the 150s turn out
Same here......i am very excited!! I am too impatient sometimes lol. I strted out with the inten of finding a 300+ because peacock bass has always been my ultimate dream fish, but found these instead.

I will probably end up building a large plywood aquarium down the road for this purpose though.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store