Hey all exantic fire eel

Stingray Guy

Exodon
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2022
Those that keep exantic fire eel do u find there growth rate much slower then a normal fire eel. Had my guy for the better part of a year now and he's only 12 inches and only strikes food in front of his hide. I've had reg fire eels literally double his growth. He eats meat no live foods. What do u guys think I can't wait till he's a monster.

wednesday13

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2008
The deep south
To my knowledge the Xanthic “fire eels” are a different species. I don’t think theres ever been one reported over 20-22”… alot of the vendors have even “updated” to sell them as “xanthic mastacembelus sp.” recently opposed to when they first were available. I wouldn’t expect them to grow like a fire eel or reach anywhere near 40”+… The prices have also dropped alot due to them being identified as a smaller species of spiny eel.

Stingray Guy

Exodon
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2022
I don't know about prices dropping I paid 1800 for mine at 6 inches now he's 12 or 13. I did purchase him as an exantic fire eel. Whatever he is he's a beautiful specimen. Hard to get picks unless I take his hide away.

• Wow
Reactions: Rotaryp04s

Rotaryp04s

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Aug 11, 2011
Would be cool to have a real giant xanthic fire eel tho but probably eat you out your house and home.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store