How’s the weather?

Jexnell

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2017
PNW
Can't say I'm not curious, what's the vehicle/car scene like in the Philippines Jexnell? I'm picturing a lot of bikes and smaller cars but I could be way off. This is definitely my inner car nerd talking but I'm imagining little Japanese 4x4 trucks are popular and would be fun as hell to rip around in lol.
The scooters, motorcycles out number cars about two to one. But as a gearhead as well you can find all kinds of cars here. I have seen anything from a Lamborghini to 35 year old Hondas. There are a lot of those Japanese 4 wheel drive trucks you mentioned.
I plane to get a Suzuki van. There were taxi's in Japan. Companies import them here and go thru them totally to make sure everything is good to go, paint it the color you want, any customization you want rims, interior etc. Cost starts at 200k peso (3500USD) and up depending on your customization. images-1.jpeg2-1667524894.jpgdownload.jpeg
They have a 660cc engine so really good on gas mileage. And pretty practical.

I have been looking around for cars and have found my same Envoy as I had in the states for around 200k 20221220_110220.jpg

But most of the more American/unique cars are up in Cebu, Manila. I can drive it all the way to where I am via a ferry or two. But rather just get a car that been completely made sure everything is good and the color I want than risk an older car.

Jexnell

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2017
PNW
Can't say I'm not curious, what's the vehicle/car scene like in the Philippines Jexnell? I'm picturing a lot of bikes and smaller cars but I could be way off. This is definitely my inner car nerd talking but I'm imagining little Japanese 4x4 trucks are popular and would be fun as hell to rip around in lol.
Car ownership is a true luxury here. Most use public transport, jeepnee, trikes, bikes, etc as it pretty cheap. A jeepnee ride is only 10 peso.
The neet thing of it is, your car insurance is included in your yearly plates cost. So no monthly cost for insurance.

Reactions: Matth05

Jexnell

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2017
PNW
If I was to go used I would probably gor for something like a Tahoe, Yukon for the sheer OMG factor

Here is an example of one for sale in Manila

200k for an 07 Yukon (3500USD)

You can find some nice deals, if you look around. A lot of expats bring thier American cars here after they get married, barely use them and end up selling for something smaller or a scooter, motorcycle as it's a lot easier to get around on them.

Last edited:

Jexnell

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2017
PNW
You can get a good used scooter from a dealership for less than a grand USD Automatic, 125 to 150cc so cheap on the gas. And they can pass on both sides of cars, weave thru traffic like it ain't there at all. Probably get one of them first. Then get the Suzuki van.
I found a company here in Davao that does the vans, 25k peso down. 45 business day turn around, pay of the rest on delivery. So save like 20k for 11 months and get one. I don't want a lot of customization, just some nice rims and BMW San Marino blue paint.Screenshot_20220621-114111_Gallery_800x.jpgBMW-M4-San-Marino-Blue-M-Performance-Parts-3-of-35.jpg

Something like this, but the San Marino blue images-2.jpeg

Last edited:

Matth05

Aimara
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2022
New Jersey
Something like this, but the San Marino blue View attachment 1539732
That’s pretty dang cool lmao. I’m a sucker for niche Japanese vehicles. If the opportunity arises in the future, I’d love to get my hands on a Suzuki Cappuccino. Not a ton of people familiar with them, and they have to be imported of course. Something about this tiny car just puts a smile on my face.

• Love
Reactions: Jexnell

Jexnell

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2017
PNW
That’s pretty dang cool lmao. I’m a sucker for niche Japanese vehicles. If the opportunity arises in the future, I’d love to get my hands on a Suzuki Cappuccino. Not a ton of people familiar with them, and they have to be imported of course. Something about this tiny car just puts a smile on my face.
I would skip the window things and maybe the ground effects kit, depending on price. But the after market lights and the wheels in that BMW blue...oh ya
I have seen some really nice ones around town, there was even one all dressed up like the A-team van....

The Masked Shadow

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2020
Southern California (San Diego)
+1, I would love to get an imported japanese car. Locally, I did see a garage full of bery high quality, polished Japanese cars, very expensive and ‘dripped’ out cars, with specialty japanese license plates still on. Very interesting to see, i should’ve taken a picture

Jexnell

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2017
PNW
5:44 AM 27°c
Another painfully hot day, all of Southeastern Asia is suffering from extreme heat spell. Thanks El Nino...so bad the Philippines canceled school for the week..rice patties are drying up in Vietnam it's bad, hitting 40°c plus during the day.
But right now it's a beautiful paradise20240413_054235.jpg

Reactions: SilverArowanaBoi

Friller2009

Aimara
MFK Member
Oct 27, 2021
Australia
Bloody well **** here. God still hasn’t made up his mind as to whether it’s winter or summer yet. Freezing in the mornings and evenings, scorching midday.

Had a downpour of rain bout a week ago. Floods everywhere, ponds overflowing Ogertron3000 Ogertron3000 did it end up reaching down your way?

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
The weather was pleasant this afternoon and the slight breeze had my neighbor's Cherry Blossom tree's flower petals blowing all over the place.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store