How to cure dropsy?

sohfatfish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 7, 2005
S'pore
Anyway to cure dropsy in my luohan?
any advice would be appreciated. ive been doin water changes every other day and have put in medcine meant to kill internal bacteria and hopefully cure dropsy.

guppy

Small Squiggly Thing
Apr 15, 2005
confused, lost, and lonely
The only thing I have seen on this says wide spectrum antibiotica and that the type added to food is better than the type added to the water, which can also kill off you filter media. the only fish I've kept that had it died. Turned out to be a tumor instead of bacteria. Check the thread on rainbow bloat.

sohfatfish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 7, 2005
S'pore
Yup ive checked it out already.. thx. Tumors you say?... seems quite possible for my fish as it is a old luohan and they are notorious for getting tumors when old.

sleepyflight

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Hate to say it but....when you're asking and its that noticeable....its probably too late. The one and only time I made it was with Pimafix and Marycin two (I think) and a hell heavy dosage and no feeding. Not sure which did the trick. Everyother time its been too late and thats the general concensus I've gotten.

sohfatfish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 7, 2005
S'pore
Yeah.. ive heard that from most people as well that it was nearly impossible to cure dropsy as most of the time when the fish begins to bloat it is already a sign of osmoregulatory failure. Ah well...

jenBLKAROWANA

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 22, 2005
Milwaukee, Wisconsin

jenBLKAROWANA

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 22, 2005
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
DanDanThePiranhaMan said:
They say prevention is better than the cure and i have been told that if you put a ping pong ball in the tank it keeps the fishes eye's focused up on the surface this then preventing droop eye.
Not eye droop hun...

Check this out:
http://www.aquariumpharm.com/disease/dropsy.html

Jen ;)

sohfatfish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 7, 2005
S'pore
Thanks for the info, but im using some other medicine from ocean free to cure the dropsy and some crush garlic.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store