I asked AI to tell me what the best food is for mbunas

JackEmerson

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 6, 2022
I asked Micosoft AI what the best fish food pellets are for mbuna. It did pretty well, considering. Here is the answer:

----------------------------------
There are many brands of fish food pellets for mbuna cichlids, but some of the best ones according to web search results are:

• Repashy Super Green: This is a gel-based food that contains algae and other plant ingredients that are beneficial for mbuna cichlids. It has a high protein content and a low fat content, which helps prevent malawi bloat. It also has vitamins, minerals, and probiotics that support the health and immunity of your fish. You can prepare this food by mixing it with boiling water and letting it cool down before feeding it to your fish1
  • Northfin Veggie Formula: This is a pellet-based food that contains organic kelp, whole krill meal, and spirulina as the main ingredients. It has a high fiber content and a low starch content, which helps with digestion and reduces waste. It also has natural pigments that enhance the color of your fish. It is free of artificial preservatives, colors, and fillers. You can feed this food to your fish as a staple diet or as a supplement1
  • Tetra Cichlid Flakes: This is a flake-based food that contains fish meal, shrimp meal, and algae meal as the main ingredients. It has a balanced nutrition that suits the needs of omnivorous cichlids. It also has patented ProCare formula that boosts the immune system and reduces stress. It is easy to digest and does not cloud the water. You can feed this food to your fish daily or occasionally1
  • Fruits and Vegetables: This is a natural food source that you can offer to your mbuna cichlids as a treat or a supplement. Some of the fruits and vegetables that are safe and beneficial for your fish are zucchini, cucumber, lettuce, spinach, peas, carrots, strawberries, and bananas. They provide vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants that improve the health and vitality of your fish. They also help prevent constipation and bloating. You can prepare this food by washing, peeling, and cutting them into small pieces. You can also blanch or boil them to soften them before feeding them to your fish1

These are some of the best brands of fish food pellets for mbuna cichlids that I found on the web. I hope this helps you choose the right food for your fish. 😊
------------------------------------------------------------

The list did not copy, over well: but most of it was actually pond/koi food.

• Wow
Reactions: tlindsey

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
I asked Micosoft AI what the best fish food pellets are for mbuna. It did pretty well, considering. Here is the answer:

----------------------------------
There are many brands of fish food pellets for mbuna cichlids, but some of the best ones according to web search results are:

• Repashy Super Green: This is a gel-based food that contains algae and other plant ingredients that are beneficial for mbuna cichlids. It has a high protein content and a low fat content, which helps prevent malawi bloat. It also has vitamins, minerals, and probiotics that support the health and immunity of your fish. You can prepare this food by mixing it with boiling water and letting it cool down before feeding it to your fish1
  • Northfin Veggie Formula: This is a pellet-based food that contains organic kelp, whole krill meal, and spirulina as the main ingredients. It has a high fiber content and a low starch content, which helps with digestion and reduces waste. It also has natural pigments that enhance the color of your fish. It is free of artificial preservatives, colors, and fillers. You can feed this food to your fish as a staple diet or as a supplement1
  • Tetra Cichlid Flakes: This is a flake-based food that contains fish meal, shrimp meal, and algae meal as the main ingredients. It has a balanced nutrition that suits the needs of omnivorous cichlids. It also has patented ProCare formula that boosts the immune system and reduces stress. It is easy to digest and does not cloud the water. You can feed this food to your fish daily or occasionally1
  • Fruits and Vegetables: This is a natural food source that you can offer to your mbuna cichlids as a treat or a supplement. Some of the fruits and vegetables that are safe and beneficial for your fish are zucchini, cucumber, lettuce, spinach, peas, carrots, strawberries, and bananas. They provide vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants that improve the health and vitality of your fish. They also help prevent constipation and bloating. You can prepare this food by washing, peeling, and cutting them into small pieces. You can also blanch or boil them to soften them before feeding them to your fish1

These are some of the best brands of fish food pellets for mbuna cichlids that I found on the web. I hope this helps you choose the right food for your fish. 😊
------------------------------------------------------------

The list did not copy, over well: but most of it was actually pond/koi food.
Yeah AI did pretty well.

deeda

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2008
Medina, Ohio
Well I only see one pellet food listed which is what your question asked about.

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
Interesting, I guess companies are already lining up to advertise via AI. What a surprise.

I asked a different AI the exact same question, and here's what I got, sans any advertising.

According to www.iAsk.ai Ask Ai Search Engine:

"what is the best food for mbunas?"

Best Food for Mbunas

Mbunas are a type of cichlid fish found in Lake Malawi, known for their vibrant colors and unique behaviors. When it comes to feeding mbunas, it’s essential to provide them with a well-balanced diet that mimics their natural feeding habits in the wild. The best food for mbunas includes a combination of high-quality pellets, live or frozen foods, and occasional vegetable matter.

High-Quality Pellets One of the main components of a mbuna’s diet should be high-quality pellets specifically formulated for cichlids. These pellets are designed to provide essential nutrients and vitamins that support the overall health and coloration of mbunas. Look for pellets that are rich in protein and contain a variety of ingredients such as fish meal, shrimp meal, and spirulina.

Live or Frozen Foods In addition to pellets, it’s beneficial to supplement a mbuna’s diet with live or frozen foods. This can include brine shrimp, bloodworms, daphnia, and other small aquatic organisms. These foods closely resemble what mbunas would consume in their natural habitat and provide them with additional protein and nutrients.

Occasional Vegetable Matter Mbunas also benefit from occasional vegetable matter in their diet. This can include blanched vegetables such as zucchini, spinach, and peas. Providing these options ensures that mbunas receive fiber and essential vitamins from plant-based sources.

It’s important to note that overfeeding should be avoided, as it can lead to health issues such as bloating and obesity in mbunas. Additionally, offering a varied diet helps prevent nutritional deficiencies and keeps the fish active and engaged during feeding times.

In conclusion, the best food for mbunas consists of high-quality pellets, supplemented with live or frozen foods, and occasional vegetable matter. Providing a balanced diet that meets their nutritional needs is crucial for maintaining the health and vibrancy of these beautiful cichlid fish.

Top 3 Authoritative Reference Publications or Domain Names Used in Answering this Question:

1. Fishkeeping World
  2. Practical Fishkeeping
  3. The Spruce Pets

....................................................................................................

To add to that, in the past I kept many mbuna species, including several species considered bloat magnets - and never once fed frozen food, or vegetable matter. They all lived a long life in captivity, and never once got bloat. Of course, not all mbuna species are herbivores, either. They consumed the exact same pellet feed, as the omnivores & carnivores in my African tanks. Africans From the Past - Warning pic heavy! | MonsterFishKeepers.com

I wonder if AI knows what KISS stands for? ;)

JackEmerson

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 6, 2022
As a follow up. I asked Microsoft AI to tell me what Donald Trump looks like as a goldfish. But they said that request breaks their acceptable use policy. I tried a couple other people (Biden as a Bichir) but also rejected.

jjohnwm

Sausage Finger Spam Slayer
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2019
Manitoba, Canada
I very much doubt I will ever knowingly ask an AI for any info. As it is, the gd things are sticking their digital noses into everything I see and read on the internet without an invitation. I think actually addressing one and asking it something would make about as much sense as feeding a squirrel on your porch, i.e. momentarily interesting to see what happens but just bound to become something you regret....

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
I very much doubt I will ever knowingly ask an AI for any info. As it is, the gd things are sticking their digital noses into everything I see and read on the internet without an invitation. I think actually addressing one and asking it something would make about as much sense as feeding a squirrel on your porch, i.e. momentarily interesting to see what happens but just bound to become something you regret....
Agreed, i felt dirty after asking, especially a question I already knew the answer to. I’m still feeding the squirrels tho! lol

• Haha
Reactions: deeda and jjohnwm

JackEmerson

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 6, 2022
I very much doubt I will ever knowingly ask an AI for any info
Well, if you have ever used google, then you are asking some form of AI.

In the field I work, we have found that AI (machine learning) helps dramatically. Answers come back quicker and with higher accuracy than a human alone. In the future, many fields will have a combined effort of human and AI. Will some people lose their jobs, sure! But there will be many new job positions for AI engineers, and technicians.

jjohnwm

Sausage Finger Spam Slayer
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2019
Manitoba, Canada
Lol, I don't believe that I have ever asked Google an actual question. I do searches for keywords, that result in links to sources of info that I read...and even sometimes believe :)...but to my tiny lizard brain that is a world away from asking an actual question and having an AI peck out the answer that it thinks I will accept. I'm not asking for info that has been interpreted and distilled down so that no thinking is required; I'm simply looking for signposts that point me in the correct direction to find the data myself, to interpret for myself.

Obviously, AI is useful, beneficial, certainly profitable to many people; its mere existence proves that. My comment in the earlier post was simply meant to state that I am not one of those people and doubt that I ever will be. :)

I can relate more closely to those people you mentioned who will lose their jobs...rather than those others who will benefit.

Reactions: JackEmerson
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store