I have a pond(well a pool no cover) that has a ton of bull frogs

Irecruitfish

Polypterus
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2016
Chicago area
Can I feed my silver arowana small bull frogs? Should I capture them and quarantine them or something like that if I can feed them?

Parka

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2021
Gwinnett County, Ga.
So no risk of parasites or something like that? I'm feeding red wiggler worms or earthworms I catch in the backyard to my fire eel and that's been working out fantastically.
If the frogs appear healthy the risk should be acceptable. Do it already and report back. How old is your Silver A and how long is it? Can I ask if you have any pics you could show of your pond-pool and your fish tank?

Reactions: Irecruitfish

Irecruitfish

Polypterus
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2016
Chicago area
If the frogs appear healthy the risk should be acceptable. Do it already and report back. How old is your Silver A and how long is it? Can I ask if you have any pics you could show of your pond-pool and your fish tank?
Silver Arowana is 12" I got it a couple of months ago.

Pics attached. I just saw a baby snake stuck in the pool going to capture it tomorrow morning. Fire Eel food? Nom venomous

1000030887.jpg

1000030941.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Parka and Midwater

Parka

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2021
Gwinnett County, Ga.
Oh my friggin gawd! That is amazing! BOTH tanks AND pond. Look at you! What's the plan with the pool-pond? Are you going Pondish or swimming pool?

Tell me all about the pond, gallons, how deep and what is that separate small section all about?

Reactions: Irecruitfish

Irecruitfish

Polypterus
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2016
Chicago area
Oh my friggin gawd! That is amazing! BOTH tanks AND pond. Look at you! What's the plan with the pool-pond? Are you going Pondish or swimming pool?

Tell me all about the pond, gallons, how deep and what is that separate small section all about?
Thanks! During the winter spring pool is left as is but come end of May early June it will be a full blown pool. I drain and refill each year. If wild life is in the pool we capture and release them. Not many frogs this year though.

I believe it's 30K gallons and has a 9 ft deep end. Smaller section is the spa.

Caught a baby Illinois garter snake today. Not sure if I can feed it to the eel 😄

Reactions: Parka
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store