I know nothing about this

M3AN ONE

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 29, 2012
Long Island
I’m looking for a top floating plant that looks good and can handle high flow. Also if it doesn’t need an open lid that would be good. I have a dozer and would like to put it to good use. I am unaware if fertilizers will expedite growth or if there is any benefit/potential risks to fish for dosing.

Reactions: SilverArowanaBoi

SilverArowanaBoi

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2023
Houston, Texas
I'm not sure about the high flow part, but here are some floating plants that I have either kept or know about 1. Red root floater, 2. Duckweed, and 3. Water Lettuce (dwarf and normal).

Reactions: M3AN ONE

SilverArowanaBoi

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2023
Houston, Texas
Oh, I forgot about something regarding red root floaters; while I think they are the most attractive floating plants, they can be a pain if caught up in your water flow. They tend to bob up and down a bunch, sometimes getting stuck on stuff on the bottom and dying if not brought back to the top.

You can find little "corrals" for floating plants on Etsy (and probably other places to). I haven't gotten one yet, but I plan on getting one if I do floating plants.

BIG-G

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Dec 12, 2005
NC
I like salvinia better then duck weed. It doesn’t get sucked down and block filters and power heads near as bad as duck weed.
Not sure about floating plants with high flow I suppose if the flow is directed in the water column mid to lower levels instead of the surface, floating plants wouldn’t be as affected by the flows.
Frog bit Hydrocharis morsus-ranae
Is another, again not sure how high water flow will affect surface plants.

Last edited:
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store