I made a FBF ...

buddah101

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 8, 2005
Jersey Shore, Pennsylvania
I made a FBF out of some spare parts and pool filter sand. It seems to work rather well, but it's not going to stay in this tank. I just wanted to see if it would work. Who knows, maybe I'll build a bigger one for a 55 thats giving me the shi*'s! LOL
The Aqua Clear powerhead powers a marineland pro 30 Bio~wheel and a little 606 mini jet (thats hidden on the back wall behind the AC) powers the Internal FBF. I put the airline (from ACPH) in the FBF because it was pushing water up it and so I utilized the water pressure from that also. Pretty clever huh?... :hitting:
DIYIFBF

:feedback:

buddah101

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 8, 2005
fluidized bed filter. This ia real basic one. They are awesome for bio filtration but can rob water of oxygen. I was just tinkering with some spare parts and came up with this. Just thought I'd share.

iheartfishies

Im Angie
MFK Member
Apr 18, 2005
Northern VA
vvvp.dynu.com
You have it in the tank?...

I thought it was supposed to chill outside the tank.

That's where it's at, at work. :newbie:

I mean, honestly I don't know the last thing about basic filtering and whatnot DIU style.

I'd love to learn more though.

Someone TEACH ME.:)

I'll pay good money....

or not.

Anyway it seems pretty nifty, whatever you have going there. :naughty:

guesswho2005

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 10, 2005
Medowlakes,Alaska
iheartfishies said:
You have it in the tank?...

I thought it was supposed to chill outside the tank.

That's where it's at, at work. :newbie:

I mean, honestly I don't know the last thing about basic filtering and whatnot DIU style.

I'd love to learn more though.

Someone TEACH ME.:)

I'll pay good money....

or not.

Anyway it seems pretty nifty, whatever you have going there. :naughty:
I have a design that you can build with PVC pipe. Let me know if you want it. I can put together a drawing. I did see a similar one on one on the DIY site not sure what thread.

guesswho2005

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 10, 2005
Medowlakes,Alaska
buddah101 said:
I made a FBF out of some spare parts and pool filter sand. It seems to work rather well, but it's not going to stay in this tank. I just wanted to see if it would work. Who knows, maybe I'll build a bigger one for a 55 thats giving me the shi*'s! LOL
The Aqua Clear powerhead powers a marineland pro 30 Bio~wheel and a little 606 mini jet (thats hidden on the back wall behind the AC) powers the Internal FBF. I put the airline (from ACPH) in the FBF because it was pushing water up it and so I utilized the water pressure from that also. Pretty clever huh?... :hitting:
DIYIFBF

:feedback:
You could add 3 inches of gravel at the bottom to reduce sand blowing out. But all in all I like it. Does the return water flow out the top of the bottle.

rayman45

Team Rayman
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
staten island new york
looks cool

might try

rayman45

Team Rayman
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
staten island new york
its just a water bottle with airline hose attached to where the air goes into the powerhead

and fill the bollte with sand?

buddah101

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 8, 2005
rayman45 said:
its just a water bottle with airline hose attached to where the air goes into the powerhead

and fill the bollte with sand?
The "airline" was pushin' water up it because I completely diverted the flow to a Marineland biowheel so I just utilized the extra flow. There is a 606 mini jet powerhead behind the Aquaclear Ph. (wider tube)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store