I started on some challenging project!

lifequitin

Feeder Fish
Nov 15, 2016
Hi,

I am working on a custom project to make aquarium hobby more easy and fun. I believe I am good at electronics and programming (where I make my living) and I have an idea to create a complete aquarium with below specs;

- Complete cast acrylic aquarium with back sump.
- Electronics that provides Bluetooth and wifi access.
- Managing the flow control of the filter/pump from the mobile device.
- Monitoring and setting temperature from the mobile device.
- RGB Led lighting which can be programmed and scheduled from the mobile device. Lighting may simulate sun and moon movements and can manage light intensity and color to simulate the biotope.
- Low water level and flow alerts.
- Reminders for filter management.

What else can be a good addition?

Thanks for your consideration

DN328

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2014
Fish Tank
I'll bite. Tank and sump sizes that will be offered? How will pricing and quality compare to all your competitors already on the market? I mention both together, as I think there's direct correlation to what you're willing to invest in, but also wanting to make a profit?

lifequitin

Feeder Fish
Nov 15, 2016
Hi,

I have started to build a cube nano tank 12'', which I am very comfortable to work on and I am more on nano tanks. I ordered 1/2'' cast acrylic laser cutted to my design. Now, I am working on the electronics and software. I have choosen 12V pump and heater rod because they can be electronically controlled.

Regarding the price; pump, heater rod and flow control sensors are below 10 USD each. Electronics will around 50 USD. RGB power leds are also cheap and can be sourced around 10-15 USD. I am still working on acrylic and glass costs. I am planning to be below 150 USD on the build.

I haven't seen a direct compatitor product so far. If you know one please guide me but as far as i see most complete products are around 250 USD with no connectivity and control.

I wanted to see If I can manage to build a product that works for me and I am planning to goto crowd funding to see if I can sell.

Regards

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store