indoor pond 18 months running

fuzzlebug

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 3, 2014
scotland
Woah!!! That rtc and vundu are huge? C'mon, give us alittle more info, filtration, fish size or a build thread, please:)

dazzapolypterusweeksii

Aimara
MFK Member
Sep 25, 2010
leicester,uk
downloadfile.jpeg
Unfortunately i lost the pics of the stage by stage build but do have this one id put on facebook with my 2 newphews in.where the dog leg is i run x2 20,000 litres an hour pumps this pulls the water through foam filters and 800kg of lyetag filter media.its then pumped through to the tote (one goes through aqua 110w U.V)you can see in the video which contains 600 litres of k1,k3, helix moving bed filter then out thru the waterfall.i do1/3 water change every week.i will take some pics of the filter i can get to without getting wet.
Red tail was 30 inches when i last measured and the vundu was 32".downloadfile.jpeg

Reactions: SHARK13

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
Wow awesome setup and stock dazza its a huge indoor setup especially for the UK , nice work :)

dazzapolypterusweeksii

Aimara
MFK Member
Sep 25, 2010
leicester,uk
Thanks pataphysicist my tip and plan for my next build is come up with a cheaper method to heat the water...im using a 3kw
Inline heater and through winter my bills rocket even tho the room is heavily insulated. Also a lid would prevent me having to use a 900w dehumidifier so by no means perfect.
Thanks fuzzlebug tried to get all info i can will get some more pics of filter.
Thanks evz jardini for the kind comment

SHARK13

Aimara
MFK Member
Oct 29, 2012
What kind of "gel coating" did you use, and where did you find it? I'm assuming it's like an epoxy apply several coats and hardens clear?

dazzapolypterusweeksii

Aimara
MFK Member
Sep 25, 2010
leicester,uk
It was fibreglassed as you said with epoxy and fibreglass mesh rolls which hardens clear couple of layers i think heavy then a fine and once set they roll on your chosen colour in gelcoat thats all i know about it.its rock solid and is resonable in cost considering it will last for decades and is really strong.i paid about £1200 in total
What kind of "gel coating" did you use, and where did you find it? I'm assuming it's like an epoxy apply several coats and hardens clear?

SHARK13

Aimara
MFK Member
Oct 29, 2012
Thats awesome.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store