Installed auto water change

Colgan10

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 9, 2023
Just wanted to share my progress on my peacock tank. I have added my automatic water change system to the tank it came out nice. Installed a whole home water filtration system then connected my tankless water heater to a digital control valve to set water temperature. B-hyve controlee is set to do a fifty minute water change daily. Whole system has been amazing so far.

IMG_4806.jpeg

IMG_4805.jpeg

IMG_4807.jpeg

IMG_4801.jpeg

IMG_4804.jpeg

IMG_4803.jpeg

IMG_4802.jpeg

FINWIN

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2018
Washington DC
Impressive! Do you have a way to dechlor in the system or does that not matter with constant fresh water? I've often wondered how that worked vs areas with well water.

Reactions: SilverArowanaBoi

SilverArowanaBoi

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2023
Houston, Texas
Just wanted to share my progress on my peacock tank. I have added my automatic water change system to the tank it came out nice. Installed a whole home water filtration system then connected my tankless water heater to a digital control valve to set water temperature. B-hyve controlee is set to do a fifty minute water change daily. Whole system has been amazing so far.

View attachment 1526031

View attachment 1526032

View attachment 1526033

View attachment 1526034

View attachment 1526035

View attachment 1526036

View attachment 1526037
Im. so. jealous!!! That is awesome!! How big is the tank? I also love the aquascape!

Colgan10

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 9, 2023
How hard was it for you to set this all up? Where’d you get the materials? Brilliant idea
It really wasn’t too bad to get up. Luckily my fish room already had a utility room connected to it. I also has a friend who sets these systems up so he was a huge help. Definitely worth it the b-hyve system is so easy to program and I can control it from anywhere on my phone. Just had a plumber install the whole home filtration system and plumbed the hot water to a digital control valve to set temp.

Reactions: SilverArowanaBoi

Caperguy99

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2022
Nova Scotia, Canada
Hey! System looks great -

I’m gearing up to set up a smaller tank - a 220 - and I’ve been looking into doing something similar. The area where my tank will be backs onto a wall just opposite to my utility room with water boiler and sewer stack, so spatially I’m hoping to plumb through the wall and have my filtration/water change system invisible from the side of the display.

Are there any videos or anything that helped you configure the auto water change system? Also, are you running a sump? Did you also plumb that through the wall? Although I don’t have the skill myself, I have a plumber in the family so if I could figure exactly what I’m asking for I think I could set it up.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store