July 21 TOTM Winner is... Niki_Up!

Niki_up

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 5, 2018
just curious, what other fish do you have in there?
This tank has been trial and error for tankmates.

currently there are 2 surviving rainbows, 1 surviving Dennison barb that I’m looking to re-home.

there are some L333 and bn plecos, pictus catfish, female vieja and two clown loaches that will also be re-homed.

I also threw a bunch of male guppies in his tank that I couldn’t re-home to see what would happen and they all live together happy

Niki_up

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 5, 2018
Congrats on the win! That tank is beautiful and the Vieja is a beast! I had a feeling that would win the second I saw it!
Thank you, I just bought new lights for this tank a few months ago and they give the tank shadows that gives the tank depth.

the vieja is a little smaller than I anticipated, I was expecting a 14-16 inch beast and I think he’s maybe 10 inches so still a beast but a smaller beast lol

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
A bit late to the congratulations party. I knew it was your tank as soon as I saw it Niki_up Niki_up . Your chunky vieja gave the game away for me. And of course I voted for yours. Great fish, great tank. Well done.

Incidentally, how does the award scheme work on this one, you already had a previous photo winner didn't you? I see you haven't been awarded 2 cameras so what do you get this time around?

Niki_up

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 5, 2018
A bit late to the congratulations party. I knew it was your tank as soon as I saw it Niki_up Niki_up . Your chunky vieja gave the game away for me. And of course I voted for yours. Great fish, great tank. Well done.

Incidentally, how does the award scheme work on this one, you already had a previous photo winner didn't you? I see you haven't been awarded 2 cameras so what do you get this time around?
Thank you!!!

you are correct, I am a 2x’s TOTM winner and actually my previous win was with this tank. The only reason I submitted this tank this time was bc it looks completely different than the last time it won. I only have 6 tanks and try to cycle through them for TOTM bc it seems like the least popular contest as POTM gets like 20 entries a month.

mom not sure I get anything new for this round. I believe you have to win both POTM and TOTM in the same year to get a new award

FJB

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 15, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
Again, Congratulations Niki_up Niki_up !!!!

esoxlucius esoxlucius
said,
"Incidentally, how does the award scheme work on this one, you already had a previous photo winner didn't you? I see you haven't been awarded 2 cameras so what do you get this time around?"

I actually did not know that there was a camera award thing. After reading of it, I looked around and I see a few cameras around.
I think there should be two cameras given for two TOTM (or POTM), or something else. Also incidentally, I recently won one too (May 2021 TOTM), but I don't have any cameras. Who does one contact for that? I do want a camera...
Cheers!

Reactions: Deadeye

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
Who does one contact for that?
There's a few awards that need dishing out at the min. The awards will come up on your profile as and when the mods/admin get round to it. I requested a username change some time ago and nothing's happened with that yet.

Thing is, the mods/admin are just like us lot, they have lives to live and I suspect many of them only pop on the site once in a while.

In the meantime we just have to be patient!

Reactions: Deadeye
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store