Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

robmcd

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jan 19, 2007
Laguna Beach
This competition certainly makes me think about what makes a good photo, a good one of a fish that never moves or a decent one of a fish that never stays still, which is best!
Or just one we like!
Sometimes there are awesome pics of certain fish that never move, this month that is not the case IMO.

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
This competition certainly makes me think about what makes a good photo, a good one of a fish that never moves or a decent one of a fish that never stays still, which is best!
Or just one we like!
With it being a photography competition you'd hope that people would vote on which picture required the most skill to capture. The problem is this would only really work if we were all super skilled photographers so we could appreciate the time and hard work which each member has invested into capturing a moment, but we're not all skilled so said skill is lost on most of us. We also all need fantastic knowledge of each and every monthly subject matter to understand how difficult one fish would be to capture, as opposed to another, but again, we're not experts on every fish.

I've entered a photo this month of a fish that never stops swimming. With my new phone, and it's far superior camera, compared to my tablet, I spent ages trying to capture it, I took literally dozens of pictures. Most were a blur, but one was quite a good one. It's not going to win and it's also not going to come last. But the effort I put into trying to capture that split second moment, and just with a camera phone, not a fancy DSLR camera, i've got to be really proud of the result.

fishguy1978

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2020
Washington
I snap random pics and to me they look amazing until I look at the ones submitted to the monthly contests.

Polyaddict86

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 1, 2016
Yey bay bay
With it being a photography competition you'd hope that people would vote on which picture required the most skill to capture. The problem is this would only really work if we were all super skilled photographers so we could appreciate the time and hard work which each member has invested into capturing a moment, but we're not all skilled so said skill is lost on most of us. We also all need fantastic knowledge of each and every monthly subject matter to understand how difficult one fish would be to capture, as opposed to another, but again, we're not experts on every fish.

I've entered a photo this month of a fish that never stops swimming. With my new phone, and it's far superior camera, compared to my tablet, I spent ages trying to capture it, I took literally dozens of pictures. Most were a blur, but one was quite a good one. It's not going to win and it's also not going to come last. But the effort I put into trying to capture that split second moment, and just with a camera phone, not a fancy DSLR camera, i've got to be really proud of the result.
+1 very true.

bettapatua

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 4, 2020

Try to capture active fish in their best poses thinking that would be enough to enter this contest is what i did almost every night before i go to bed. I even try to talk to them ? ask them to stand still. Am i crazy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store