Just Traded my Penguin 350 for an Emperor 400 and WOW!!!

Frank Castle

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2016
Pennsylvannia
Bigger size than I thought.
it's doing a good job in my bare-bottom 75g.....only reason there's anything on the bottom is cuz the tank is too short for the intake-extension. Also has a Lee's Triple-flow corner sponge filter in it. Does the Aqua-Clear come with designated cases made specifically just for carbon so u can pour your own and sub with generic filter pad to avoid buying expensive cartridges every 2-4 weeks ?.....and slots for up to 4 of those expensive cartridges if you choose? The outflow creates a current 4 feet and only stop cuz the tank does, I 'm sure it could reach the other side of a 6 foot tank as well.

ECW

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 11, 2011
Oahu, Hi.
it's doing a good job in my bare-bottom 75g.....only reason there's anything on the bottom is cuz the tank is too short for the intake-extension. Also has a Lee's Triple-flow corner sponge filter in it. Does the Aqua-Clear come with designated cases made specifically just for carbon so u can pour your own and sub with generic filter pad to avoid buying expensive cartridges every 2-4 weeks ?.....and slots for up to 4 of those expensive cartridges if you choose? The outflow creates a current 4 feet and only stop cuz the tank does, I 'm sure it could reach the other side of a 6 foot tank as well.
The design on the aquaclear is different. Closer to a canister than a hob filter. It is much more adaptable than marinelands design. I use the sponge on the bottom then filter floss then a bag made from a unraveled pouf shower scrubber filled with eheim bio media. Instead of those refillable reusable cases that marineland makes you can just get media bags and fill them with any bio media or chemical media you would like. You can also fit much more media in the aquaclears. Also... the flow on the aquaclear is much stronger than marineland. That being said... I prefer aquaclears, but use the marineland's too. As the marineland HOB's die... They will be replaced with aquaclears.

Last edited:
Reactions: Frank Castle

Frank Castle

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2016
Pennsylvannia
The design on the aquaclear is different. Closer to a canister than a hob filter. It is much more adaptable than marinelands design. I use the sponge on the bottom then filter floss then a bag made from a unraveled pouf shower scrubber filled with eheim bio media. Instead of those refillable reusable cases that marineland makes you can just get media bags and fill them with any bio media or chemical media you would like. You can also fit much more media in the aquaclears. The flow on the aquaclear is much stronger than marineland.
sounds good.....I had a Fluval 205 I took the carbon out and did double-media and filter pad and just used the Marineland for my chemical filtration+

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store