Kijiji Acquired Gar in 75g tank

Medial.City

Feeder Fish
Mar 10, 2022
Hello, I got a tank with fish off someone from Kijiji with a strange assortment of fish, one of them being a wild caught Gar. I'm pretty sure it's a shortnose but I'm not certain. The tank size is 75g and his size is about 27cm so I imagine he's pretty young. I don't know where he came from, but I'm pretty sure he's going to outgrow his tank sooner than later. I love him a lot but I know we can't afford to maintain a larger tank so I'm really not sure what to do with him? Any advice? I was recommended to come here to possibly see about rehoming him to someone with a proper setup for him

PXL_20220311_011720482.jpg

Reactions: tlindsey

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Hello, I got a tank with fish off someone from Kijiji with a strange assortment of fish, one of them being a wild caught Gar. I'm pretty sure it's a shortnose but I'm not certain. The tank size is 75g and his size is about 27cm so I imagine he's pretty young. I don't know where he came from, but I'm pretty sure he's going to outgrow his tank sooner than later. I love him a lot but I know we can't afford to maintain a larger tank so I'm really not sure what to do with him? Any advice? I was recommended to come here to possibly see about rehoming him to someone with a proper setup for him

View attachment 1489835
Welcome aboard

Yes definitely rehome. You can start a thread under the forum Marketplace here and list where you live, or pickup or if you can ship.

Reactions: Medial.City
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store