Kirin X Blood Parrot spawn

BLUECAN

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2009
Canada
Did my best so tough to get a shot for some reason ... most of the pics have the pearly guy in there, there are a few that stick out, but obviously he (or she) does the most as it is head to tale pearls. I think i got one of the short bodies, otherwise random snaps. They are healthy little pigs!222.JPG333.JPG666.JPG44444.JPG5555.JPG

222.JPG

kirrinbabie1.JPG

BLUECAN

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2009
Canada
SO i have six remaining I kept only the Short Bodies, and gave away the regular bodies. Except one who is extremely pearly, here they are being transferred into their 120 to grow out and see what I get! Side Note : The male has completely faded to bright yellow with what looks like thai silk sides/pearling. Unfortunately he was beaten up thru a divider break but he is still alive, will post pics when he is all better, can't wait to see how these grow out!

a.JPG b.JPG c.JPG

~T~

Piranha
MFK Member
Dec 18, 2006
Hanoi, Vietnam
Love this. I think it will be my next spawn when I get back into keeping cichlids. Looking forward to seeing the male when he's healed. Don't think I've ever seen a fader kirin.

BLUECAN

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2009
Canada
yea he surprised me, really good dad too, and fertile ... he's the best! I also have imported two bright yellow female KKP too so i want to try them with him as well. IM not 100% sure but one or two of the fry may have thai silk /solid pearling too, at least in their front half .. hard to know for sure yet.

HybridHerp

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 18, 2012
New York
Very interesting and will be interesting to see what the babies end up looking like as well. I know there's something called a "Super Red Crystal Parrot" that basically seems to be a faded kirin parrot/super red texas with a very parrot style body. With all these parrot hybrids it seems like theres a lot of grey areas on what is what...which I think is kinda cool cause it makes every fish unique!

BLUECAN

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2009
Canada
I just completed a move here is a pic of the one baby separated by himself to grow out. I have four others (the short bodies) left in the 120. The Father is settling in with two female KKP's that were supposed to be "lemon yellow KKP" but ended up being Drab Low quality parrots.

***BUYER BEWARE DAVID LUEKEN OF FENGSHUI AQUATIC-- this is my SECOND TIME of having disappointing / misleading sale from him and it cost me several hundred dollars, with no apology or offer of credit etc. If you want to know more details, please PM me--I don't normally post this type of thing publicly but being ripped off is bad feeling, and purchasers need to be cautious of sellers that are out for a dollar without quality. Be absolutely sure and INSIST on multiple videos and pictures and get guarantees on the fish you are (or think you are purchasing) to protect yourself.

I can also refer you to other very credible dealers!!

Will post other pics as they grow and of the father (he started fading again) when he is settled and not blackened out from fading.

FullSizeRender.jpg

BLUECAN

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2009
Canada
Tough to get pics, I managed to get a couple , you can see a large part of two of them are "thai Silk Skinned" so it'll be interesting to see how they mature.

IMG_7303.PNG IMG_7304.PNG IMG_7305.PNG

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store