Kitchen sink faucet adapter

shurfofa

Feeder Fish
Apr 24, 2024
I'm trying to set up my first non-nanotank, so I'll be doing my first hosing system to fill up the tank and do water changes (I'm thinking Python), but I realize now that the 2 sinks I have are not compatible with universal adapters, to my limited knowledge at least.

IMG_3323.jpg
IMG_3324.jpg
^My kitchen sink

IMG_3322.jpg
^My bathroom sink (ignore my dirty mirror lol)

Is there any method I could use or am I screwed? I'm not sure how to unscrew the kitchen sink pull down faucet but I'm guessing that would be the answer, to figure that out and unscrew it whenever I want to use it? I would appreciate any help. Thank you!!

shurfofa

Feeder Fish
Apr 24, 2024
IMG_3325.jpgIMG_3327.jpgForgot to mention: When I try unscrewing the kitchen faucet head it doesn't seem like I'm able to? Twisting doesn't work. Sorry I'm lost haha

Reactions: tlindsey

jjohnwm

Sausage Finger Spam Slayer
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2019
Manitoba, Canada
The hot and cold taps in your laundry room that feed your washer can be used for your tank; just get a 2-into-1 mixer and run a hose from that to the Python gadget in a bathtub or other drain so you can get the siphon started for emptying the tank.

Backfromthedead

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2017
Fredericksburg va
The hot and cold taps in your laundry room that feed your washer can be used for your tank; just get a 2-into-1 mixer and run a hose from that to the Python gadget in a bathtub or other drain so you can get the siphon started for emptying the tank.
Screw the laundry, right? My tank needs these hookups lol

• Haha
Reactions: jjohnwm

duanes

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2007
Isla Taboga Panama via Milwaukee
These modern designer faucets do come apart, and using the inside line has worked for me.
I would attach a garden manifold to that line, and could fill 4 sumps handling 16 to 20 tanks at once.
and by using sumps, Icould turn a valve, and send old water straight to the garden, for quick and easy water changes.
I do recommend adding a check valve to the new water line to each sump, like the red float type below, that helps if one is distracted.

jjohnwm

MFK Member
Mar 29, 2019
Manitoba, Canada

Backfromthedead

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2017
Fredericksburg va
Well, for an hour or so per week...yeah! :)
Oh i see, you must have quite a luxurious and well layed out utility room...and i can just imagine this esoteric DIY mixer youve contrived, complete with quick-connects and probably even an repurposed antique pressure gauge for no good reason.

Accessing my laundry hookups requires wrestling the appliances out of their cubby and then some experience as a contortionist.

jjohnwm

MFK Member
Mar 29, 2019
Manitoba, Canada
Oh i see, you must have quite a luxurious and well layed out utility room...and i can just imagine this esoteric DIY mixer youve contrived, complete with quick-connects and probably even an repurposed antique pressure gauge for no good reason.

Accessing my laundry hookups requires wrestling the appliances out of their cubby and then some experience as a contortionist.
Oh, so you've seen my old layout? :) I don't do anything for "no good reason"; it's just that the reason isn't always immediately obvious to onlookers...and is sometimes forgotten by me as new and better ideas crowd themselves into my head...:)

Okay, hose bibs that are hidden away like yours are a PITA, for sure. You could jump through all those hoops to gain access to them, then put a T on both hot and cold lines and attach a short line to each that runs out from behind the machine to allow easy access. Still a PITA, but just a one-time thing.

Orrrrrr: you could install those T's under the counter in the bathroom or kitchen, and then just access them that way.

Either way, it's a one-time job that is fairly quick and straightforward. Water changes thereafter are so easy that the effort is well worthwhile. :)

• Haha
Reactions: Backfromthedead
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store