Least aggressive flowerhorn

ggTL98

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Oct 9, 2017
Hi all,
Just wondering if there are any flowerhorn that are less aggressive.

I used to have a bonsai with my Ray's and would like to do this again but am worried for my Ray's due to flowerhorn.

Was my bonsai I previously had a fluke or are they less aggressive?

Would a female be less aggressive?

Many thanks

Aquatic Aggression

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Nov 1, 2011
I’ve never heard that. Why would that be?
I think its inbreeding depression or something similar. The one I kept his entire life was never aggressive, carefully bred him twice with evil females, had small fry growing out with him no issue. Theres a pic in an old thread of him just letting baby plecos hang out unbothered.

ggTL98

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Oct 9, 2017
That's brilliant thanks I do like thai silk i will have a look

Cichlid Lover 1981

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 9, 2023
That's brilliant thanks I do like thai silk i will have a look
I second that thia silks are most definitely less aggressive then other FH I had one in a tank with many large cichlids it's whole life never any problems I have a baby now in a 75 with 5 green terrors a Texas 2 platinum parrots and 2 blue striped parrots no problems best to start them young with tank mates Thia silks are the only type of FH that I recommend keeping with tank mates
Here's a short clip of my thia silk in a 400 gallon with lots of tank mates never a problem there much more docile than other types of FH

bentobox

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 31, 2021
I just added a Thai Silk to my Parrot tank. Initially aggressive when I first added. By next day, he's been fine with the rest of his tankmates.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store