Leporinus Fasciatus

orlok

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 3, 2005
St. Louis, Mo.
Does anyone have a Leporinus out there? I've been through most of the galleries and I haven't come across any. I have one but he is still very small. Show off some pictures if you have any! :drool:

viper

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2005
I have one that a foot in lenth but I dont have the equipment to post my fish.but it does eat gold fish at that size and can be aggressive with such a small mouth.

orlok

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 3, 2005
St. Louis, Mo.
viper said:
I have one that a foot in lenth but I dont have the equipment to post my fish.but it does eat gold fish at that size and can be aggressive with such a small mouth.
That's cool. Is he kept by himself or does he have tankmates? I'd eventually like to keep mine with some cichlids that can hold their own. Maybe an oscar, red devil and a jaguar. What do you think?

Gr8KarmaSF

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2005
Quarantine Tank
Im currently raising one with my aro and oscar, everybody seems to be getting along. Though I may get a channel and dat soon, I hope the tank aggression will remain at its current balanced level.

jayclarke

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 9, 2005
Liverpool, UK
I had a young about 6mnths ago (see my gallery for pic) it constantly went around chasing and biting everything except my jade eyed cichlid. I finally got shut of him when i bought a Ghost Knife and it ate it! Keep it with bigger more aggresive fishes or watch everything vanish.

cabouta1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 31, 2005
Houston, Texas
I have an 11" and a 7" in a 135 gallon. Tankmates include 12" albino oscars, 8" Jack Dempsey, 5" firemouth, royal pleco, bushy nose pleco, 7" frontosa. No problems at all.

shookONES

Casper... the not so friendly ghost
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2005
Totowa, NJ
They're nippy and somewhat aggressive. They also have a terrible knack to jump out of tanks. If you get one, avoid small fish and keep a brick on top of your tank lid.

FlammingWoodChuck

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 14, 2005
California
ya i used to have one but it died of clorine posining :cry: he used to hide in a cave and push out all of the sand to make it bigger for him and he was very protective of it. i used to feed him algea tablets and some frozen fish thawed. i miss him and hope no1 else has to see your fish die of clorine posining

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store