Looking at adding a ray

Preacher

Dovii
MFK Member
Apr 1, 2014
west tennessee
I have a 720 gallon tank with Severums, silver arrowana, 2 chocolate cichlids 1 male and 1 female black diamond stingray. The aquarium has been established for 2-1/2 years. I have had the rays together for 3-1/2 years. I would like to add another female to the aquarium. I have found a13 inch for sale. What are your thoughts about adding to the aquarium?

Austin1234

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 20, 2017
UT
I would why not. I have 3 females and 2 males in my 600 with 5 orino p.bass and about a dozen silver dollars. On a pretty heavy drip but I’ve had no issues current setup been running for 1 yr. I am going to downsize to 1 male and 2 or 3 females soon though. And my first 2 rays were a lot bigger than the last 3. I bought a male and female hybrid to make sure I could keep a ray Alive. After a year and half i got 3 black diamonds 2 female and a male. that was a year ago. They meshed together fine even with my new ray’s being alot smaller.

Last edited:

Preacher

Dovii
MFK Member
Apr 1, 2014
west tennessee
I would why not. I have 3 females and 2 males in my 600 with 5 orino p.bass and about a dozen silver dollars. On a pretty heavy drip but I’ve had no issues current setup been running for 1 yr. I am going to downsize to 1 male and 2 or 3 females soon though. And my first 2 rays were a lot bigger than the last 3. I bought a male and female hybrid to make sure I could keep a ray Alive. After a year and half i got 3 black diamonds 2 female and a male. that was a year ago. They meshed together fine even with my new ray’s being alot smaller.
Great thanks. That helps a lot!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store