MBU Puffer white patch

sevenaces

Gambusia
Mar 5, 2016
Hi All,

I have a MBU puffer about 5 to 6 inch. Recently, it has developed a small circular white patch, looks like a sunken white patch. Not sure whether if he got bitten by another smaller MBU or not, i took it out 2 days ago into a small tank. looks like the patch is not getting any better. Can i know what is that and how to make it better? He's fine, eating and swimming. Just want to let the white patch heal faster.

Thanks!

20240223_224625 (1).jpg

Ansorgii

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 31, 2016
South-West-Germany
The picture is not enough to really say anything. A bite sounds reasonable, tho I would have expected more to see it being bitten in the fins.

Clean water and as little stress as possible helps the most. I personally would ad tannins/humins aswell to lower bacterial growthrate and count in the water. If the wound infects it can take forever to never to heal.

sevenaces

Gambusia
Mar 5, 2016
its been about a week plus since my post. his situation is getting a little bad although the white patch has recovered after treating with kana plus and furan plus. could it be Fish TB that he is infected with? the curved spine just came about in a few days before I treated him with kana plus and furan plus together with floating. I have used epsom salt treatment for about 5 to 6 days and he began sinking to the bottom. he is eating fine thou but not alot.

20240311_233235.jpg

20240311_233438.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store