More tank pics, updated

FINWIN

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2018
Washington DC
The hrp zero population phase 3 continues as I separate females as they nest. Reeva got moved out over a week ago. Today I finally caught her sister, Uno. Uno dug a pit in front of her log which was next to Slade's branch house. By placing a net at each end of the log she had to swim into one...so into the breeder she went with her female clan. Slade was attempting to breed with both. I remove Reeva and Uno takes over her log with Slade picking up where he left off.

I felt a bit bad about it, though...Slade was frantically looking for her over half an hour. He went berserk, blindly attacking every fish he saw. He looked at her nest in the sand, he kept looking inside the log. I think Uno was almost ready for wigglers because I would see Slade constantly checking on her. Unfortunate, but I did what was necessary and knew the timing would be important. I'm hoping he calms down by tomorrow.

An update on Hulk I forgot to mention: he and brother Stripey clashed over a sponge cave. Hulk eventually came out on top, ousting Stripey and Scooter. However Hulk won't leave the cave at all, likely because they'll try to take it again. His hold on their old cave is shaky at best. He'll grab pellets that land near the cave by poking his head out, but that's about it.

Reactions: Matth05

FINWIN

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2018
Washington DC
More pics. And antics...

In Lazarus' tank, Flash wraps herself in octopus grass. She's quite cozy in this spot. Hrps love nesting in plants, especially grasses.

1.jpg

FINWIN

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2018
Washington DC
Shots of Flash (below) with her teenage fry, Renegade Baby (upper right). Renegade Baby was the only fry to escape the purge when I donated the siblings. I believe RB is a female.

2.jpg

4.jpg

FINWIN

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2018
Washington DC
In the growout, the hrps keep knocking over this particular water sprite. I stood it up four times, they knocked it down four times! So I'll just leave it be for now. The other water sprite they leave standing! Crazy cichlids...

7.jpg

FINWIN

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2018
Washington DC
And POOF. Two seconds later his stripes are gone again. They pop in and out constantly...it's completely crazy. On and off like a lightbulb. It happened so fast this time you see Pip hasn't even moved. Buddy has shimmery blue iridescence in his fins.

13.jpg

• Love
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store