my 22" clown knife fish

rayman45

Team Rayman
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
staten island new york
DONT WORRY ABOUT IT
i have a 33" redline snakehead in a 75

but its a little differnet b/c the snakehead a turn fine and he can bend a little morre easier then a knife fish

rayman45

Team Rayman
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
staten island new york
gold fish are very dirty
i use them for my sh but thats all he eats

only live and if i fed him minnows he will eat 1000 of them lol
he can eat 50 goldfish every other day

piranha45

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
kay
luistijerina said:
p45 i use goldfish and rosyreds as feeders for my fish . is that bad? what other feeders do you recomend.
goldfish are bred and kept in unhealthy conditions (copper-loaded water, underfed, overstressed), so they are prone to carrying diseases transferrable to your larger fish

both goldfish and fathead minnows inherently lack a critical fish nutrient called Thiaminase, which is important in fish growth.

You can use them (emphasis on minnows rather than goldies) as a peripheral part of a fish's diet, but use fish pellets or krill or market shrimp as a staple diet for your predators.

rayman45

Team Rayman
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
staten island new york
CAN WE GET PICS?

Robert

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 6, 2005
Singapore
sauroid said:
i just want to know your opinion regarding the growth of my clown knife. it is now about 22" and its been with me for around 5 years ( i got it @ 2 1/2 "). do you think it will still grow bigger? is 22" not bad for a 5 year old? is it stunted already? it is thick and chunky and very sharp and alert. it only eats feeders exclusively...
22" ... can show the pic of this big size fish?

sauroid

Candiru
MFK Member
May 7, 2005
somewhere in asia
i am transferring the CK into a 125 gal.tank along with the giant gourami and the bichirs. hope there wont be mayhem. my CK has maimed a snakehead in the past. pics will come soon as soon as im able to borrow a cam. i cant afford it now that iv spent all my spare cash on another tank and equipments.

iheartfishies

Im Angie
MFK Member
Apr 18, 2005
Northern VA
vvvp.dynu.com
sauroid said:
i am transferring the CK into a 125 gal.tank along with the giant gourami and the bichirs. hope there wont be mayhem. my CK has maimed a snakehead in the past. pics will come soon as soon as im able to borrow a cam. i cant afford it now that iv spent all my spare cash on another tank and equipments.
PICS! :hearts:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store