My dream tank is hear!

festaedan

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 25, 2013
Maryland
Exciting times Dan :) hope your feeling strong for later ? Lol
Well how did you get on yesterday Dan everything run smoothly mate ? All setup and happy fish ? :)
the move went great. The 120 was moved and the 300 installed in less than half an hour. It took hour to fill it up because my faucet is so slow (water changes on this thing will take all day). The only issue was the pump we got was too strong for the overheads so the wet/dry would completely drain and the pump would start sucking in air so we need to put a shutoff valve on the pump and partially close it so less water comes in. One of the canisters sprung a leak so we need to silicone that as well but other than that, the tank is doing great. The rays acclimated quickly and have allot of swimming space.
here are some pics of the stand before we moved in the tank
300 gallon stand 8:14:15.JPG

Here's the tank before we filled it. For comparison perposes I'm 5' 8".
300 gallon and me 8:14.JPG
300 in place 1 8:14:15.jpeg

In the last pic I had just put in the rays. Honestly i should've put them in later but they are fine now and swimming around the tank, exploring every corner.

I just dont have any pics of it full yet.
thanks

Reactions: Dloks

gangster

Arapaima
MFK Member
Apr 17, 2008
mountains
Dan you used all new water and no old aged water?
I hope not.....

Tank looks good and you look stoked. NOw how are the fish doing?

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
Looking good bro , your face says it all lol check that grin out :D hope your fish are ok today and settled no problems , can't wait to see that beast full , are you goin bare bottom then ?

festaedan

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 25, 2013
Maryland
Dan you used all new water and no old aged water?
I hope not.....

Tank looks good and you look stoked. NOw how are the fish doing?
Thanks, I am
I know it looks like it, but I had 4 30 gallon trashcans full of the old water from the 120 so the tank was a little bit less than half full of water from the rays' old tank. The rays are doing extremely well and are chasing eachother and playing in the jets.
Looking good bro , your face says it all lol check that grin out :D hope your fish are ok today and settled no problems , can't wait to see that beast full , are you goin bare bottom then ?
:D Yah, I was pretty excited
The rays have settled in very well and are swimming around and chasing eachother all over the tank. I'm probably going to stick with barebottom but i might put in some sand. Its currently barebottom.
Once my camera finishes charging, I'll post pics of it full.

gangster

Arapaima
MFK Member
Apr 17, 2008
mountains
Throw some good sand in there dan. YOu dont have to cover the whole bottom. BUt give em the option to feel some sand.

festaedan

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 25, 2013
Maryland
Here are some pics of the tank full, as you can see in one of the pictures, the tank is in a living room full of windows so i cant take pictures during the day since there is so much glare all you can see is me taking the picture.

Here's a full tank shot and a side shot of the 300
300 fts 6:15:15.JPG
300 side view 6:15:15.jpeg

As you can probably see in the pic, I have 2 rays and a peacock bass. Specifically:
1 10" male marble motoro stingray (Ray)
1 7" female p14/pearl based hybrid stingray (Roxy)
1 8" cichla pinima "rio jaguaripe" (doesnt have a name)

Here are some close ups of them

ray 6:15:15.jpeg ray and bass 6:15:15.jpeg ray and bass 6:15:15.JPG ray under the wood 6:15:15.jpeg roxy 1 6:15:15.JPG
roxy 2 6:15:15.JPG

My mom has a nicer Iphone so the pics she took came out better
IMG_2829.JPG
IMG_2830.JPG
IMG_2831.JPG
IMG_2832.JPG IMG_2833.JPG
I have some messy fish, so I need a serious filtration system. Currently I have 3 rena xp3s, a 60 gallon wet dry sump with a 2,400 gph pond pump, and a 36w UV sterilizer and fluval fx6 arriving in the mail thursday.
Here's the wet/dry
wet:dry 6:15:15.JPG
The tank has 2 drilled overflows on either end. The water that comes out of the outakes, is crazy! I cant feed the bass floating food anymore because it blows around the while tank until it ends up all getting into the sump. I also have some pothos plants growing out of said overflows.
IMG_0947.JPG
overflow 6:15:15.JPG
sump outake 6:15:15.JPG
The living room has never looked better!

full living room view 6:15:15.JPG
Throw some good sand in there dan. YOu dont have to cover the whole bottom. BUt give em the option to feel some sand.
I'll do that

IMG_0947.JPG

Last edited:

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
All looks amazing Dan congratulations mate , those rays are stuuning :) any plans for more tankmates ? What's going in the 120 ?

festaedan

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 25, 2013
Maryland
All looks amazing Dan congratulations mate , those rays are stuuning :) any plans for more tankmates ? What's going in the 120 ?
Thanks man! I will move in my silver aro once he's big enough and I plan on selling the bass, getting a few more rays and a school of widebars or tiger SDs. The 120 is my paraneetropolus community (as of an hour ago when I picked up the following cichlids) with 2 paraneetropolus melanurus, 2 paraneetropolus synspila, a huge male hericthys bucourti, and a breeding pair of regular bristlenose plecos.
Good to see eveyone enjoys the tank Dan!
Your mom's pics are a bit better ;)
Thanks!
Haha, yah. One of these days I have to bust out my camera and take some good pictures of the rays.

festaedan

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 25, 2013
Maryland
IMG_2856.JPG

Reactions: Evz jardini
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store