My move to the Philippines

Jexnell

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2017
PNW
A true Ride or Die woman.

Didn't plan on paying her son's school fees when I made this months budget. As she didn't tell me till a week into ithe month. So fell a little short. She goes out and pawns her phone so we make it to payday.

Ogertron3000

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Nov 6, 2017
Australia
Get ready for a December wedding!
Congrats, thats really good news. You should invite esoxlucius esoxlucius and jjohnwm jjohnwm , they would be like the 2 old guys on the muppets commenting on everything!
A filipina girl at work says a whole roast pig is customary at weddings in her region, hopefully you will have a taste for the local cusine by then.

• Haha
Reactions: Jexnell

Jexnell

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2017
PNW
I am getting there. Had a prawns dish last night. My mom used to say that I eat like an 8 year old would...
Just asked Cristine and she said yes to the pig so there's that....

Reactions: Ogertron3000

Ogertron3000

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Nov 6, 2017
Australia
I am getting there. Had a prawns dish last night. My mom used to say that I eat like an 8 year old would...
Just asked Cristine and she said yes to the pig so there's that....
From what she said its just a whole pig roasted over coals for hours, when its served you add all your own sauces and sides. it sounds delicious if you like pork.
If you arent into the sauces and things just eat the meat.

Ulu

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2018
The Sunny San Joaquin
Congratulations Jex!

I am glad to see you got far out of the PNW, but I didn’t expect the island move. I can see it was a total joy for you though!

One of my friends from the bicycle club lives there, and is very happy about the deal. He builds custom bikes and his little wife is very happy.

I spent too many years in the frozen northlands to ever leave the desert, myself. Those monsoon rains must be hitting you a bit?

I don’t know how bad the rains get, but if people are dodging it, perhaps there is some cultural myth about the big flood or the big storm or something? Big fish come . . . fight monsters . . . they get hungry . . . eat everybody ?

I got no clue. ;-) Never myself been off the CONUS, farther than 50 miles into Canada.

50+ years ago too.

But, much like you I married a short 5’ brownie, yet she is much more American than Mexican. Her parents would not let her speak Spanish.
73EC4F27-2E73-4C3D-AE60-B415BD3767E3.jpeg

She gets a pension from the school district. I take her out a lot.
556123E5-6BE6-46FB-BFFF-93EDDCD32485.jpeg

Anyhow, congratulations on not having to live in a car In the west’s most over priced districts, and good luck on finding a fish with real personality. Not dinner, but a housepet.

I think I lucked into a breeding pair of Oscars.EDB05032-5A0D-42FF-8F34-C4682512263B.jpeg

BTW, I hope you got a good price for the car. My sis owns one, a 2013, and it’s an awful oil burner after only 65k miles.

• Love
Reactions: Jexnell

Jexnell

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2017
PNW
Congratulations Jex!

I am glad to see you got far out of the PNW, but I didn’t expect the island move. I can see it was a total joy for you though!

One of my friends from the bicycle club lives there, and is very happy about the deal. He builds custom bikes and his little wife is very happy.

I spent too many years in the frozen northlands to ever leave the desert, myself. Those monsoon rains must be hitting you a bit?

I don’t know how bad the rains get, but if people are dodging it, perhaps there is some cultural myth about the big flood or the big storm or something? Big fish come . . . fight monsters . . . they get hungry . . . eat everybody ?

I got no clue. ;-) Never myself been off the CONUS, farther than 50 miles into Canada.

50+ years ago too.

But, much like you I married a short 5’ brownie, yet she is much more American than Mexican. Her parents would not let her speak Spanish.
View attachment 1541298

She gets a pension from the school district. I take her out a lot.
View attachment 1541299

Anyhow, congratulations on not having to live in a car In the west’s most over priced districts, and good luck on finding a fish with real personality. Not dinner, but a housepet.

I think I lucked into a breeding pair of Oscars.View attachment 1541300

BTW, I hope you got a good price for the car. My sis owns one, a 2013, and it’s an awful oil burner after only 65k miles.
It's officially summer here aka the dry season still. It hadn't occurred to me about the monsoon season is why they run from the rain so much. As I have not experienced it yet. The couple times it has rained since I have been here feels more like a nice warm shower outside as compared to PNW rains.
When I sold my GMC Envoy, I basically got what I invested into it. And he took over the payments. Used that money to pay off some other stuff.20221220_110220.jpg

Cristine is the one that found me on a dating site. Saw I was actually in the Philippines and in her city, Davao. So she came over to meet me where I was staying and it's just been perfect ever since.
20240430_234657.jpg

I'll report back when the monsoon season arrives and tell all about what's it like. As of now it's just beautiful sky's and between 85 to 95°f every day.20240427_061437.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store