My move to the Philippines

Jexnell

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2017
PNW
Jexnell Jexnell found this on youtube, Cartimar Pet Center in Metro Manila. It's an old video but it's supposedly still there. Your nobya might think twice if she sees the price of those fish and it'd make for a nice day out for you both. Hitting Metro for some fish spying and lunch.
Only one problem, I am in Davao, so it's a plane ride or 47 hours on a bus away.

koltsixx

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2007
Bronx, NYC
Only one problem, I am in Davao, so it's a plane ride or 47 hours on a bus away.
Sorry I forgot there are areas people have to take flights to get to in the Phillipines and I got you confused with my Uncle, whose currently in Manilla.

Ogertron3000

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Nov 6, 2017
Australia

Save some cash and in a few months turn it into a romantic getaway.
If she hadnt been taken out to dinner until she encountered your suave ways imagine how happy she would be with a weekend away (with a few hours in the fish shop of course)🥰

phreeflow

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 19, 2007
SoCal
Are there any native fish in the Philippines you could keep? Just realized I haven’t heard of any fish from that area in the hobby.

Jexnell

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2017
PNW
Are there any native fish in the Philippines you could keep? Just realized I haven’t heard of any fish from that area in the hobby.
There are quite a few actually. Snakehead, Maya Maya, are a couple images-4.jpeg
This is a Maya Maya, a salt water fish, but commonly found in fresh water to feed. So could go slightly salt, brackish and keep it.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
There are quite a few actually. Snakehead, Maya Maya, are a couple View attachment 1541034
This is a Maya Maya, a salt water fish, but commonly found in fresh water to feed. So could go slightly salt, brackish and keep it.
Looks like a type of grouper or a snapper.

Reactions: tlindsey

Jexnell

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2017
PNW
I just have not really found anything flashy enough to keep in a tank beside the snakeheads and the Maya Maya. But it all will depend on tank size really as to what I keep.

Reactions: tlindsey
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store