My move to the Philippines

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Well,that tears it...time to get a divorce and head to the Philippines!.....seriously, good to see that things are mostly working out for you there.I still recall previous posts of yours in which you described how things weren't going very well.

jjohnwm

Sausage Finger Spam Slayer
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2019
Manitoba, Canada
Wow! Talk about abrupt changes in direction! Congrats on a hopefully positive move; it certainly sounds promising. :)

Hopefully you will become accustomed to the local cuisine and become comfortable with it. But...the heat! Yikes!

And congrats on your new "look". :)

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
One day jjohnwm jjohnwm , I was hoping to visit you in Canuckistan, though you can forget any ideas of taking me ice fishing!!

Well sack that idea, I'm going to go and visit Jexnell Jexnell instead, it's warmer over there.

Hey Jex, does your lady friend have a spare sister, lol.

jjohnwm

Sausage Finger Spam Slayer
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2019
Manitoba, Canada
You're welcome anytime! But, as strange as the cold may seem to you if you are not accustomed to it...I think heat is worse! Most of my hobbies and interests take me outdoors; if it's cold, I can dress and prepare for that and still enjoy myself.

When it's too hot for me to function outside...what am I gonna do, sit indoors and look out the window? No thanks.

I'll take 40F over 40C any day and twice on Sunday. :)

Jexnell

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2017
PNW
Wow! Talk about abrupt changes in direction! Congrats on a hopefully positive move; it certainly sounds promising. :)

Hopefully you will become accustomed to the local cuisine and become comfortable with it. But...the heat! Yikes!

And congrats on your new "look". :)
I was raised in Houston, Texas till 13 or so. Plus Army years in Oklahoma. So I do well with heat. But it's the UV index here that gets me. It feels like you are standing under one of those UV heat lamps that keep food warm, but your the food.

Jexnell

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2017
PNW
One day jjohnwm jjohnwm , I was hoping to visit you in Canuckistan, though you can forget any ideas of taking me ice fishing!!

Well sack that idea, I'm going to go and visit Jexnell Jexnell instead, it's warmer over there.

Hey Jex, does your lady friend have a spare sister, lol.
She has three, if I remember correctly none are married so thats a yes.

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
All on the short side. Christine is just about as tall as my shoulder, and I am 5ft9, so around 4ft8.
Yeah, I bet. They're all little people over that side of the world. That's probably why the Phillipino basketball team was so crap, lol.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store