My S.Manueli

Deadeye

POTM Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
If you have the patience it can definitely pay off. He recently hit some sort of growth spurt and his appetite has been through the roof. Very interesting watching them go through stages.
Probably best to buy with some size on it I assume? Unlike pygos which grow like weeds.
Definitely looks like a more size manageable version of a rhom.

Scruffy4

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2020
Canada
Probably best to buy with some size on it I assume? Unlike pygos which grow like weeds.
Definitely looks like a more size manageable version of a rhom.
If you manage to find one for sale by somebody that has grown one out that may actually be your only option. I haven’t seen any come in from the wild any bigger than 4-5”. I’ve read that larger wild caught specimen are fragile and usually die in transport. There’s not many monster size in captivity but they are known to be just as big as rhoms in the wild. I’ve owned this guy since March 2020 and I’d say he’s put on at least 3 inches in length and close to doubled in girth.

Scruffy4

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2020
Canada
Looking very nice. I like that you keep it with real plants. Your Crypts specially look great but also swords and others. Nice!!!
Unfortunately the crypts and swords get the most trimming done by him. I assume it’s because they wave around in the current. Unfortunately my skills in the plant department are a work in progress otherwise I’d really like to have a heavily planted tank.

Reactions: Deadeye
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store