My Schoutedeni Puffs - updated pics

lilacamy931

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2009
Burnemouth
Just an update on my gorgeous schoutedenis who after their near death experience with the fish delivery van are doing well.

One is growing more heavily than the other but both eating well. I'm ever hopefully I might get a female and male when they mature, either way they are apple of their puffer's mums eye.

Introduced a lot of new plants as had some die off and keep things interesting. Currently running a Fluval 306 and will upgrade later in year to 406.

Need to figure a way whether I can rewax/varnish the oak tank itself as water marks from water changes.

Lastly my snail colony died during our recent kitchen change so we are getting a 60 litre Biorb to restart the puffer feeding colony

Reactions: jtanw

PYRU

Probation Member
Probation Member
Apr 8, 2015
SE
So nice. I really like these puffers. I'm on the fence on the price though (depending on how much I'm drinking).

Any vids?

Reactions: lilacamy931

lilacamy931

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2009
Burnemouth
mattison187 mattison187 - not a peep on the plants, they love exploring but no uprooting or destroying. Closest found was a couple of bite marks where they lunged and missed a cherry shrimp.

P PYRU - yeah age old on price. Mine were £100 each as they were tiny babies. I haven't figured out videos yet, will have a pop over the weekend :)

PYRU

Probation Member
Probation Member
Apr 8, 2015
SE
Very nice. £100 is the cheapest I've heard. The ones here are like $200.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store